The Sandbox Launches Free Online Community for Learning Game Making
Virtual Online Community and Biweekly Stream Will Connect Educators around Game Making Learning as The Sandbox Expands Educational Offerings
The Sandbox, in collaboration with Participate.com, a space for collaboration, communication and learning, is launching its new, free education program to give players a space to learn while using The Sandbox — and to give educators and experts a forum to share their learning with others. Read on to see what’s in store, and also how to participate!
Our Participate hub is designed to build a virtual community of educators who share an interest in game design. This will be a space to connect, collaborate, and innovate with others on The Sandbox.
Come Join Our Community!
To come join us, click here to visit The Sandbox Community on Participate. Once you join, here are a few things you can already do in The Sandbox community:
- Feed: Check out our latest news, streams and ways to get involved in the community.
- Courses: Sandbox 101 course for educators and game design curriculum coming soon!
- Discussions: Join or start conversations about The Sandbox and share your own experience and expertise in connecting The Sandbox to your instruction.
- Resources: Explore curated information and tools to enhance your knowledge of learning game making.
- Members: See who else is a part of this community and build strong classroom collaborations.
If this looks like the community for you, click the “join” button. You’ll be prompted to log in with your Participate account. If you do not yet have one, click “sign up.” That’s all it takes to get started!
The Sandbox-based Hub for Educators
As an educator, here are just a few things you can look forward to in this community:
- Collaborating with game-based learning educators from around the world.
- Engaging in bi-weekly Twitch streams to explore new ways to combine game design with education applications.
- Exploring and sharing ideas around game design implementation in your teaching practice.
With more classroom activity occurring outside the classroom during these uncertain times, The Sandbox community on Participate can provide another innovative vehicle for sharing game designed-based education. Click here to join and see the available teaching resources.
Exciting Incentives to Join
Coming in early October, The Sandbox will have a special challenge for gaming enthusiasts, game design educators, and creative minds. While we’re not ready to share all the details, here is a sneak peek at an exciting upcoming event! Members of The Sandbox community will design and animate themselves into a voxel avatar. Whether you’re a seasoned Voxel Artist or just starting out, we’ll introduce you to a tool available through The Sandbox with an easy-to-use interface that can have you creating, rigging, and animating voxels in no time. Tune into the stream at 4:00 ET on October 8 to get started!
There will be more exciting news available in The Sandbox community on Participate, so join today to stay informed!