Attention all undead lovers! The Sandbox is excited to announce the VoxEdit contest featuring the iconic comic book series: The Walking Dead!
With this contest, you have the opportunity to create a unique, one-of-a-kind voxel asset that captures the essence of The Walking Dead. Whether you want to depict iconic characters like Rick or Michonne, or showcase the apocalypse in all its gory glory, the possibilities are endless.
Not only will you have the chance to flex your creative muscles, but you’ll also be in the running for a prize pool of 15,000 SAND and bragging rights among fans of the comic.
So don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to combine your love of The Walking Dead with your passion for voxel art. Download the VoxEdit software and start crafting your masterpiece today.
15,000 SAND will be split amongst the top entries the following ways:
- 1st place: 6,000 SAND
- 2nd place: 3,500 SAND
- 3rd place: 2,000 SAND
- 4th to 10th place: Each receives 500 SAND.
- Submissions open: May 1st.
- Submissions close: May 14th, at 11:59pm UTC.
- Results announcement: June 3rd.
How To Submit Your Entry
- Create a GIF of your fully animated asset. (We recommend using Gyazo).
- Tweet your asset’s GIF mentioning @VoxEdit, @TheSandboxGame on Twitter. Make sure to include #VoxEditWeekly hashtags in your Tweet.
- To finalize your submission, please fill out the following Google Forms:
Important Entry Guidelines
- You can depict characters from the comics only, no Actors or Character depictions from the show.
- Your creation must stay within the world of The Walking Dead. So no crossovers with other IP, or concepts that are inconsistent with the logic of the setting such as spaceships or talking animals.
- Low quality entries or spammed entries with no effort put into their creation will be disqualified at The Sandbox’s discretion. The same goes for attempting to claim other people’s creations as your own — we’ll know.
- Entries with sexual, homophobic, racist, and other NSFW or inappropriate references will be disqualified. Keep it family friendly.
- Your submission must be original, made entirely by you. You cannot make an ASSET of a character that belongs to someone else (i.e., Marvel, Disney, Sega etc.).
- If a contest is in partnership with an external brand, you are allowed to use their logo but cannot upload your asset on the marketplace.
- Your entry must be made in The Sandbox’s free VoxEdit software (click here), available on Windows and Mac.
- Make sure you have read and understood the VoxEdit Contest Guidelines.
- Assets should not exceed more than 5000 faces.
- Assets should not exceed a max of 175 nodes.
- The maximum size of an asset is 512 voxels tall (16 meters). Floor print should not exceed 512 x 512 x 512.
- Voting will be conducted internally by The Sandbox team.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Take inspiration from the IP’s brand, work, and values.
- Create characters, people, and logos as assets to use in your game.
- Use names of characters or people part of the IP’s brand.
Your asset will be judged based on the 5 criteria below. Each criterion follows a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being “very poor” and 5 being “very good”.
- Creativity (How creative was the asset based on the theme?).
- Usability (How usable is this asset in other games?).
- Optimisation (Does this asset look optimised in Sandbox Game?).
- Level of detail (The detailing on the asset).
- Quality of Animation (Was new animations added? How good are the animations?).
New to VoxEdit Or Need Assistance?
- Check out our new VoxEdit Academy knowledge base.
- Join our Discord community to chat with other artists.