TOWER Game Jam
The Sandbox is partnering with TOWER through a brand new Tower Defense Game Jam!
As a part of the TOWER Franchise, Crazy Defense Heroes is a Free-to-Play tower defense mobile game developed by Animoca Brands, with RPG elements and card collectibles. Since 2021, along with the Launch of TOWER Token, the team attempted to implement multiple blockchain features to traditional Free-to-Play mobile games, like NFTs, Play-and-Earn, and Governance.
The Game Jam
Create a tower defense game through The Sandbox Game Maker software. Build a stronghold and make it resist waves of enemies. How long will you survive?
The prize pool consists of a total of 15,000 $SAND + rewards from TOWER franchise split the following ways.
- 1st place: 6,000 SAND + 4x “The Crazos” PFP NFT
- 2nd place: 3,500 SAND + 3x “The Crazos” PFP NFT
- 3rd place: 2,000 SAND + 2x “The Crazos” PFP NFT
- 4th to 10th place: each receive 500 SAND + 1x “The Crazos” PFP NFT
Crazos is an Avatar NFT inspired by Crazy Defense Heroes. Featuring 10,000 programmatically, randomly generated NFTs on the Polygon blockchain.
Holders of Crazos can expect to enjoy the privilege within the TOWER franchise and the Animoca Brand universe, learn more from here
If participants’ wallets are connected to a Crazy Defense Heroes User ID before the result announcement, the top 10 winners can get:
- The Sandbox Game Jam winner’s badge NFT
- 399 USD Crazy Defense Heroes in-game item package
Finally, for all eligible participants, Crazy Defense Heroes’s gift:
- 3 Crazos mint pass
- 199 USD Crazy Defense Heroes in-game item package
- The Game Jam begins on July 25th, 2022.
- The deadline to complete and submit your entry is the August 14th 2022, at 3pm UTC.
- Submissions gathering and voting will take place from August 15th till September 4th.
- The results will be announced on the October 8th, 2022.
Important Entry Guidelines
- Your entry must be designed in the Game Maker software.
- Your entry can include assets you’ve created yourself.
- Your entry must have some playability (quests, missions you name it).
- Your entry must be unique and not a direct copy of any existing experiences (similarities are fine, exact copies are not!).
- Spamming the gallery with a number of low quality experiences just to try and fit into the 4th-10th places may result in all your entries being disqualified.
- Not completing the submission steps correctly (see below) may result in your entry being ineligible.
- The judging will be done by The Sandbox’s staff and TOWER’s staff.
What makes an entry valid?
- Game length should be at least 5 minutes (excluding timed, collection quests).
- Use at least 25 different assets.
- Follow the storyline/theme.
- Experience must be created after the start date (any experiences built for previous game jams cannot be used).
- The Sandbox staff members have the right to remove any entry as they see fit.
Submitting Your Entry
We will be using the Game Maker “Gallery” feature as a form for submissions.
You MUST also submit your game to the following form link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-ICWYXHTajQU8f2cehLkyWaJTSJ47rLOaQ723bLgWgDjcWA/viewform
WARNING! If you submit your entry to the Game Jam gallery but do not submit it to the form linked above (or vice versa), your entry will not be eligible!
Slow down — check everything! Take the time to submit a qualitative experience, rather than rushing and submitting a half-finished experience.
Game Jam FAQ
Who can join the Game Jam?
Anyone who is eligible to create an account at The Sandbox can enter the Game Jam.
Can I use other people’s assets?
No, you cannot use assets that you haven’t created or purchased. Using assets created by another user without permission will result in your experience being disqualified. Default assets created by “TSB-Account-1” and “SandboxGame” are free to use.
Are teams or studios allowed?
Yes! You are welcome to work independently or as a team/studio of no more than 4 members per team.
Where can I get the Game Maker and/or VoxEdit from?
Here are the official links:
Where can I find guides for the Game Maker and VoxEdit software?
Check out the tutorials page on The Sandbox’s official knowledge base here: https://sandboxgame.gitbook.io/the-sandbox/other/tutorials. It’s super effective, if you are a beginner!
You can also join our Discord community, where creators often share tips with each other and post their own tutorials. You can also share your entry with the community for feedback, if you wish. The Discord community link is: https://discord.com/invite/cgCFFjj.
The entries are judged on a 100 points scale divided into the following categories:
- Overall Idea — (25 Points)
- Level/Game Design — (25 Points)
- Creativity — (25 Points)
- Playability — (25 Points)
- Bonus Points: Wow Factor — (Up to 25 Points Extra)