Brief Summary of the Teachings of Sant Mat, the Path of the Masters, “The Soul’s Return to the Ocean of Love” — Mystic Verses of Kabir, The Seven Teachings of Sant Mat, and, “Within This Body” — Mystic Verses of Sant Tulsi Sahib
* All souls (jivas) are in essence drops of love from the Ocean of God.
* The attachment and association with mind and body makes the soul lose sight of the real Self.
* God assumes the form of a Saint to lead the soul back to its Original Home.
* One must surrender one’s entire being to the Ocean of Love of which we are a part, instead of limiting ourselves to sensual pleasures which leave us unhappy and discontented.
* This can be done by the practice of Surat Shabd Yoga [Inner Light and Sound Meditation].
* By attuning oneself to the Life Current which proceeds from the Heart of Anami Purush [God, The Nameless One/Radhasoami] in the form of Light and Sound, one can finally achieve union with the True Self, finding the joy one is seeking. (“R.S. White Paper on Religion of Sants and Radhasoami Faith”)
The Soul’s Return to the Ocean of Love — Kabir
“How could the love between Thee and me sever?
As the leaf of the lotus abides on the water,
so thou art my Lord, and I am Thy servant.
As the night-bird Chakor gazes all night at the moon,
so Thou art my Lord and I am Thy servant.
From the beginning until the ending of time there is love
between Thee and me;
and how shall such love be extinguished?
Kabir says: ‘As the river enters into the Ocean,
so my heart touches Thee.’” (Guru Kabir)
The Seven Teachings of Sant Mat (The Way of the Saints/Path of the Masters and Mystics), and, “Within This Body” — Mystic Verses of Sant Tulsi Sahib
- God is Real.
2. God is Love, the Ocean of Love and Compassion.
3. All of the world scriptures teach about the same manifestation of God as inner mystical Light and Sound.
4. Our true identity is soul, the Self. Soul is part of God and therefore is, like God, pure love.
5. During this human existence we have an opportunity to experience God.
6. As we experience communing with God’s love during meditation — Surat Shabd Yoga — we can rise above body-consciousness and explore Inner Space, the “Kingdom of the Heavens” that are within us. “We travel back from the realm of Darkness to the realm of Light, from the Light to divine Sound, and from the realm of Sound to the Soundless State [Anami, Radhasoami, Anadi Sat Purush,].” (Swami Santsevi Ji Maharaj) The drop merges back into the Ocean of Love.
7. As we get initiated into the Mysteries of the Spirit by a Living Teacher (Master, Sant Satguru), the purpose of our life is fulfilled. Reuniting with God is our reason to be here: “It was for the sake of the God-conscious beings that our True Lord created this earth, and began this play of death and birth”. (“Adi Granth”) Guru Kabir says: “For millions of years you have slept. This morning, will you not wake?”.
“Within This Body” — Mystic-Poem of Sant Tulsi Sahib of Hathras
“Within this body breathes the secret essence. Within this body beats the heart of the Vedas.
Within this body shines the entire Universe, so the saints say.
Hermits, ascetics, celibates all are lost seeking Him in endless guises.
Seers and sages perfectly parrot the scriptures and holy books, blinded by knowledge.
Their pilgrimage, and fasting, and striving but delude
Despite their perfect practice, they discover no destination.
Only the Saints who know the body’s heart have attained the Ultimate, O Tulsi.
Realize this, and you’ve found your freedom (while teachers trapped in tradition know only the mirage in the mirror).”