Nov 14th, 2019 marked the culmination of our three months long Experience Management accelerator program, in close collaboration with SAP Customer Experience & Qualtrics. However this is just the beginning of a long term relationship with these startups. Over 100 people gathered (regardless of the rain!) to celebrate the graduation of SAP.iO Foundry San Francisco’s Experience Management Cohort. It was a great moment for our startups to present in front of an audience that was a mix of SAP Executives, SAP Customers, Startup Founders, Ventures Capitalists & industry experts. The following startups presented:
- Askdata: Powerful Natural Language engine turns text questions into queries that search across enterprise data for the best answer.
- Breinify: Makes any marketing system smarter by adding individualized & time driven predictions to drive spur-of-the-moment purchases.
- Constructor: AI-first Commerce search and discovery solution that learns from usage to increase personalization and conversion rates.
- Findmine: Increases Commerce basket sizes by using ML to generate and display product collections that can be used together.
- Idiomatic: Easily identify top product and service issues by analyzing large amounts of customer interactions with AI/ML
- Setsail: Accelerate pipeline and flexibly drive strategic priorities using SetSail’s weekly sales incentive system
- Wisy: Gathers unique consumer and market insights for brands and retailers while increasing consumer engagement via mobile experiences.
SAP has always been a very customer-centric company and is committed to helping our customers maximize their investment in SAP technologies. Ram Jambunathan, SVP, Head of Corporate Strategy, SAP and Managing Director, SAP.iO, kicked off the demo day and talked about how helping our customers win is their markets is at the core of everything we stand for at SAP.iO. He mentioned how SAP is starting to think differently about the future when it comes to working with innovators. By partnering with cutting-edge startups, SAP.iO plays a key role in executing on SAP’s strategy to become the Experience company powered by the Intelligent Enterprise. Ram also spoke about SAP.iO’s focus on inclusive entrepreneurship and how great ideas & innovators come from all walks of life.
It was an honor to have Ronan Dunne, EVP & Verizon Consumer Group CEO as the Keynote speaker for the Foundry San Francisco Demo Day. The Verizon and SAP partnership has been built on a solid foundation over several years. Ronan talked about the impact 5G technology will have & the opportunities it will create for current and future innovators. He spoke about 5G’s ability to create new ecosystems at a much lower cost to innovate and how marrying of 5G & AI at scale can truly transform many industries. 5G has the ability to disrupt business models, change the very nature of work and increase precision, capacity & reliability for at scale deployments, exponentially. Ronan’s teams are helping to build the first 5G technology network that will redefine how customers live, work and play.
An absolute delight to host a panel on Innovation, Inclusion & Impact with our distinguished panelists Beverly Parenti, Executive Director — The last Mile, Dan Scheinman, Angel Investor & Board Member Zoom, Arista Networks and Deepak Krishnamurthy, EVP, Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer at SAP. Conversations were had on each of their experiences in creating opportunities for underrepresented in tech, investing in companies that are collectively worth billions of dollars, leading strategy and being a part of the transformation journeys of large corporations.
The cohort would not have been successful without the time and support of our community of internal and external mentors. We are truly grateful!
We are excited to announce that the applications for the SAP.iO Foundry SF Winter cohort (launching in March 2020) are now open! We are looking for women and diverse entrepreneurs disrupting enterprise Travel Tech in the areas of connected travel, expense, invoice, compliance, and risk. If you know of Seed to Series A startups that may be interested, please reach out or apply HERE (applications close January 31).
Subscribe to updates from SAP.iO Fund and Foundries.