“Making Your Mark: Online Personal
Branding for College Students”
I recently did a presentation on the importance of your online presence. Here are some of the key points that I came up with.
College is a time to figure out what you want to do after you graduate.
· To be successful you have to discover what do best and how to effectively promote it. That’s what personal branding is — marketing your best asset.
· Amazon Founder, Jeff Bezos said:” Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room.
· You have to decide what you want people to say about you when you are not around.
· People are going to make an opinion of you off of what you produce through marketing yourself online. All they know is what you have put out there. So you need to make a strong impact, one that they will remember.
· How do you develop an online presence that will set you apart from all of the others?
- Be original -Make sure you are targeting the audience that you want to impress.
a. What are their needs
b. What can you do to improve the overall production of the company you want to work for?
3. Write a captivating slogan brand it is important for you to give them something that they will remember and that in a few words showcases what you want your brand to be.
4. Image- Give people a face to associate with your name. It makes it more personable people want to connect with other people not just a brand.
a. Make sure it is a professional photo and shows who you are as a professional.
5. Dare to be different
a. Show people that you are more than just another person trying to get a job. Set yourself apart from the rest.