The goal of devconnected is to provide fresh and interesting articles about open source, DevOps, system administration (for Windows, or Linux), monitoring solutions and time series databases.
Here are some guidelines on how to write for us.
What we are interested in
When posting on devconnected, your article should be related to one of the following subjects :
- News or releases related to the open source world.
- DevOps best practices.
- Step-by-step guides on how to install tools or use them.
- Articles related to microservices and software architecture in general.
- Continuous integration, continuous delivery processes.
- Tutorials related to system administration (Linux or Windows).
- Time series databases.
- Modern monitoring solutions such as Grafana, Datadog, Kibana.
- How to use containers and Docker related tools.
- In-depth resources about cloud computing.
- Interviews of experts that provide insights on industry trends.
Note : devconnected is not for experts only. Even if you are just a DevOps beginner, you are more than welcome to submit your draft.
Why you should post on devconnected
There are many benefits of guest-posting on devconnected, here’s why you should submit your draft to us:
- You are free to monetize your story and earn 💸 from it: we actually value the fact that you put your story behind Medium’s paywall. Medium definitely favors those stories as part of their ranking algorithm. Here are some instructions on how to earn money on Medium.
- We promote your story for you: we want you to reach the widest audience possible. Once your story is published, it will be promoted on social media (in high engagement related pages) and in our internal blog network. You can expect x10 on your views.
- You are the owner of your content, forever: when submitting your publication, we light edit it to meet our editorial requirements. But your content is yours! You are free to share it wherever you want, as much as you want.
- We accept already published articles: if you want to re-publish your article to bring a bigger audience to your article, simply add your article to our publication and we will review it.
Before submitting your article
Before submitting your article, make sure that the following points are met:
- The subject of your article is related to at least one of the points above.
- Your article is well writen without too many misspellings.
- You agree not to remove your article once published.
Are those three points met? It is time to publish your article on devconnected.
Submitting your article
Are you ready to publish your masterpiece?
We made the process easy by creating this three questions form for you.
Once you submitted your article to us :
- You will be added as a writer to devconnected.
- You will add your story to the publication (using the following tutorial)
- Publication time! Your story will be visible on devconnected.