Scribe Submission Guidelines
The history of the publication and how to submit your story
Welcome to Scribe, this little haven of peace where you can read original stories written from the heart!
Far from the tumult of today’s society, the publication invites you through the stories of its writers to take time.
Taking time, and simply enjoy a moment of reading.
What we publish
We publish stories about life, love, and freedom. We like stories that come from the heart and express a personal point of view. We seek above all emotion.
We don’t publish stories about entrepreneurship, startups and all things related to marketing or growth. Other publications do it very well on Medium, and that’s fine.
Note: You’ll find here stories in English and French. We are convinced that mixing languages, writers and cultures can produce compelling stories!
What it means to be published on Scribe
Whatever happens, you own your story and you keep all rights on it. Keep in mind, however, that if you choose to publish your story in Scribe, it is to keep it there.
When your story is on Scribe, and that is the difference, then it will be visible to all subscribers of the publication and will appear on their network.
Also, remember that when someone claps on your story, it becomes visible to all of that person’s subscribers. That’s the magic of Medium!
If you have talent, and we have no doubt about it, your story can be curated by Medium. This means that in addition to being published on Scribe, your story is selected by Medium’s editors to appear in topics. And this happens very often.
The result is much higher visibility, both for you and for the publication. And more visibility means more money for you if your story is part of the partner program. But must of all, it is a sign that your story is of great value.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Before submitting your story
Read the 10 points below to avoid wasting your time and to get your story published as quickly as possible:
- You write under your real name (or you specified at least your first name), your Medium profile includes a good quality picture of you and you have filled in your description (a few words to introduce yourself). Readers will be happy to know a little bit who you are!
- Your story has no spelling or grammar errors. Remember to review your text or have it review if you are ever unsure.
- The layout well designs: Aerate your text by making paragraphs rather short (between 5 and 6 lines) to facilitate reading. Use the different layout options offered by Medium (title sizes, citation formats, bold, italics etc.) to improve legibility. Illustrate your text with a featured image. Unsplash is now integrated to Medium!
- Your story should not exceed 10 min read.
- Your story is properly tagged with the 5 tags available (Love, Life, Short Story, Poetry, Writing…).
- Your story is in draft form. This is important so that your piece is well featured on the publication.
- Calls to Action are banned. For more details, you can read this: Best Practices for Calls to Action in Partner Posts. I decided to apply these rules to all the stories published on Scribe.
- We publish only one piece per writer per day.
- We don’t guarantee that we will publish what you send us. We carefully review each submission to make sure it meets the standards we are looking for in the publication.
- We will never edit your content. If we have comments we will send you a private note or we will try to contact you directly.
How to send us your story
If you’re not yet a writer with Scribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your Medium profile and a link to the story you would like to submit. Explain in a few words why you want to join the publication. You can also tell us about yourself in a few words. We love humans!
The review process usually takes 3–5 days. Don’t worry, we’ll answer you anyway.
Note: We will not take the time to read your story if you write it directly in the email or if you send it as an attachment. This also applies to stories published outside Medium.
If you’re a new writer (you have been added as a writer by our editorial team), create a new story and write your words. Once your draft is ready for submission, click on the three little dots beside the Publish icon in the right-hand corner of your Draft page, choose “Add to publication”, select Scribe and send it our way. If you need help: add draft to publication.
The review process usually takes 2–3 days. You will be notified for acceptance or rejection.
Just one more thing
If you have just joined the publication, we wish you a warm welcome! We’re looking forward to reading your next story.
We invite you to visit the Share your story page on Scribe’s home page and write a few words about yourself, you will be able to discover writers that we often publish and it will be an opportunity for other readers to discover your writing.
If you like the publication and the writers published here, and if you want to make this project even more exciting, you can support it by choosing the paid subscription to my newsletter. The link is just below. For $5 a month or $50 a year, I will write to you every week, and you will have a special place in this incredible adventure!
Hi there! I can't wait for autumn to come, I feel awfully well when the leaves of the trees cover the forest floor…
Thank you for reading!
We’ll update these guidelines as needed moving forward.
Until then, read, write and love!