Dive Industry Topics of Discussion
Menu: Dive Professional Career & Dive Center Management
Updated on Dec. 20, 2021.
Below, you will find a list of Scubanomics discussions about dive professional careers and dive center management.
“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.” ~Alvin Toffler
For other Scubanomics discussions, please have a look at the comprehensive Scubanomics Table of Content.
NEW SURVEY: How would you rate the quality of your Open Water Diver course? Or Discover Scuba Diving adventure? Evaluating entry-level scuba diving experiences to help the dive industry improve. Is there consistency in the quality of the experience? Does it matter?
This is our most recent area of discussion. You should expect more content to be added. Subscribe to know when!
Your Career as a Scuba Diving Professional:
- The role of standards & procedures, quality assurance, and dive instructors in keeping scuba divers alive: A Prop Gun. A Power Bar. A Dead Diver. What do they have in common?
- Survey Results, part 1: The Economics of Being a Recreational Scuba Diving Instructor: Survey Results — Part One. Is it possible to make a living as a recreational scuba diving instructor? What to expect financially. Hourly rates. How much to invest in dive gear & scuba training.
- Survey Results, part 2: A Look At Dive Instructors Who Did Not Renew Their ‘Teaching Status’. The “economics” of the dropped-out scuba diving instructors. Their reasons. Their profile.
- Survey Results, part 3: Differences in dive professionals’ income, based on the instructor’s gender, location, training agency affiliation, experience, age, and more.
- In which part of the scuba diving industry should I invest? Who stands to gain in a renewed dive industry? Which dive gear brand? Scuba diving training agency? Dive resort? Local dive shop?
- Valuable Selling Skills for Dive Professionals To Learn During the Lockdown — and After! Increasing sales and customer satisfaction can be done simultaneously.
Tools for Success in The Scuba Diving Industry:
- Guide book: Your Career and/or Life as a Scuba Diving Instructor: How to make a good living out of your passion for scuba diving.
- Reference book: Scuba Diving Industry Market Size & Statistics: 2021 Edition.
- Promotional material: “Conversation starter” products for dive instructors and scuba professionals to recruit more student divers.
- Best Marketing & Business Management Books for Scuba Diving Professionals: Reference books used in Scubanomics articles.
If you enjoy reading about scuba diving and the dive industry, consider signing up to become a Medium member. It will give you unlimited access to my posts and those from thousands of other writers on Medium. If you sign up using my link, I’ll earn a small thank-you commission. Thanks for your support!
Also from Darcy Kieran and The Business of Diving Institute:Reference book: Scuba Diving Industry Market Data & Statistics: 2021 Edition.Guide book: Your Career and/or Life as a Scuba Diving Instructor: How to make a good living out of your passion for scuba diving.Tools: Scuba Proud promotional products to help you recruit more student divers, dive buddies, and instructor candidates.
What now? You may be interested in the complete Scubanomics Table of Content.