Scubanomics: The Dive Industry in August 2022
New dive industry market data & statistics.
We hope this message finds you well and we thank you for being our dive business buddy!
Over the last few months, we’ve continued to work on producing data & insights for dive industry professionals. At all times, you can find shortcuts to ongoing surveys & results from past surveys, here.
Since our latest newsletter, we’ve produced the following sets of market data & statistics which, we hope, you’ll find valuable:
- Open Water Scuba Diving Certification Numbers for The 2nd Quarter of 2022: Entry-level scuba diving certifications among Americans were flat in Q2 and remained much lower than pre-pandemic levels.
- Survey Results: The Future of Rebreathers. Understanding the potential and limitations of closed-circuit & open-circuit rebreathers in the future of scuba diving and, especially, tech diving.
- Survey Results: Close Calls While Scuba Diving. Understanding scuba divers encounters with “close calls” and how we could better learn from sharing these diving incidents.
- Survey Results: Sustainability in The Scuba Diving Industry. Understanding scuba divers & dive professionals’ relationship to the environment and commitment to sustainable tourism.
- Survey Results: Am I a Bad Apple? Quality & Safety by Dive Instructors. Are scuba diving instructors “cutting corners”? If so, why? And what do they need to improve the quality of their dive courses?
Some of these surveys are the results of our continued collaboration with InDepth Magazine and we thank DAN Europe, Shearwater, and GUE for supporting our efforts to provide market data to dive industry professionals.
Our next survey will be on the dive computer market. Stay tuned!
Also from Darcy Kieran and The Business of Diving Institute:
- Reference book: Scuba Diving Industry Market Data & Statistics.
- Guide book: Your Career and/or Life as a Scuba Diving Instructor: How to make a good living out of your passion for scuba diving.
Otherwise, you may be interested in the complete Scubanomics Table of Content.
While we’re here… Would you do us a favor and forward this newsletter to a colleague or dive buddy? Let’s work together on developing and improving the dive industry!
If you received this email message from a friend, you could subscribe here to stay in the know.