SDG GOAL 3 — GOOD HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
By 2030, reduce the global maternal mortality ratio to less than 70 per 100,000 live births
By 2030, end preventable deaths of newborns and children under 5 years of age, with all countries aiming to reduce neonatal mortality to at least as low as 12 per 1,000 live births and under-5 mortality to at least as low as 25 per 1,000 live births
By 2030, end the epidemics of AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected tropical diseases and combat hepatitis, water-borne diseases and other communicable diseases
By 2030, reduce by one third premature mortality from non-communicable diseases through prevention and treatment and promote mental health and well-being
Strengthen the prevention and treatment of substance abuse, including narcotic drug abuse and harmful use of alcohol
By 2020, halve the number of global deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents
By 2030, ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health-care services, including for family planning, information and education, and the integration of reproductive health into national strategies and programs
Achieve universal health coverage, including financial risk protection, access to quality essential health-care services and access to safe, effective, quality and affordable essential medicines and vaccines for all
By 2030, substantially reduce the number of deaths and illnesses from hazardous chemicals and air, water and soil pollution and contamination
Strengthen the implementation of the World Health Organization Framework Convention on Tobacco Control in all countries, as appropriate
Support the research and development of vaccines and medicines for the communicable and non-communicable diseases that primarily affect developing countries, provide access to affordable essential medicines and vaccines, in accordance with the Doha Declaration on the TRIPS Agreement and Public Health, which affirms the right of developing countries to use to the full the provisions in the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights regarding flexibilities to protect public health, and, in particular, provide access to medicines for all
Substantially increase health financing and the recruitment, development, training and retention of the health workforce in developing countries, especially in least developed countries and small island developing States
Strengthen the capacity of all countries, in particular developing countries, for early warning, risk reduction and management of national and global health risks
- Metadata compilation for Goal 3- as of May 11, 2016.
2. Two presentations occurred at the March IAEG-SDG meeting regarding Goal 3.
3. United Nations Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform, from the Department of Economic and Social Affairs
The UN General Assembly will hold a Special Session (UNGASS) on drugs in 2016. This Special Session will be an…sustainabledevelopment.un.org
4. Sustainable Development Goals Fund
Since the creation of the Millennium Development Goals there have been historic achievements in reducing child…www.sdgfund.org
5. United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs- Population Division
The twenty-fourth round of official United Nations population estimates and projections that have been prepared by the…www.un.org
6. UN Office for Project Services- UNOPS
- The operational arm of the UN, supporting multiple Goal 3-related campaigns, including the Stop TB Partnership and multiple healthcare projects around the world.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the…www.unops.org
7. PATH- (previously Program for Appropriate Technology in Health).
- Leader in global health innovation, reproductive health, and global health access. Non-UN.
8. International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations.
- a global, non-UN system that will be promoting and providing services for Goal 3.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) mark the start of the widest ever concerted global effort to transform our…www.ifpma.org
9. RGH- Realizing Global Health.
- Non-UN agency that will play a large role in the development of Goal 3