SDG GOAL 4 — QUALITY EDUCATION
Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
By 2030, ensure that all girls and boys complete free, equitable and quality primary and secondary education leading to relevant and effective learning outcomes
By 2030, ensure that all girls and boys have access to quality early childhood development, care and pre-primary education so that they are ready for primary education
By 2030, ensure equal access for all women and men to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education, including university
By 2030, substantially increase the number of youth and adults who have relevant skills, including technical and vocational skills, for employment, decent jobs and entrepreneurship
By 2030, eliminate gender disparities in education and ensure equal access to all levels of education and vocational training for the vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples and children in vulnerable situations
By 2030, ensure that all youth and a substantial proportion of adults, both men and women, achieve literacy and numeracy
By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development
Build and upgrade education facilities that are child, disability and gender sensitive and provide safe, non-violent, inclusive and effective learning environments for all
By 2020, substantially expand globally the number of scholarships available to developing countries, in particular least developed countries, small island developing States and African countries, for enrollment in higher education, including vocational training and information and communications technology, technical, engineering and scientific programs, in developed countries and other developing countries
By 2030, substantially increase the supply of qualified teachers, including through international cooperation for teacher training in developing countries, especially least developed countries and small island developing States
- Metadata compilation for Goal 4 — as of April 25, 2016.
2. UNESCO Presentation of Goal 4 Indicators at 3rd Meeting of the IAEG-SDG
3. United Nations Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform, from the Department of Economic and Social Affairs
The Youth Education Ambassadors Program was established in 2013 by the United for Education and Sustainable Futures, an…sustainabledevelopment.un.org
4. The Sustainable Development Goals Fund
Since 2000, there has been enormous progress in achieving the target of universal primary education. The total…www.sdgfund.org
5. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
6. UNICEF Education
- the UN arm focusing on the needs of children in developing countries, and the direct data collector for many of Goal 4’s indicators.
Educate All Girls and Boys in South Asia report is a part of the global Out-of-School Children Initiative (OOSCI…www.unicef.org
7. United Nations Development Programme
- Focusing on multiple aspects of sustainable development, this UN group overlaps multiple SDGs.
Photo: John Isaac/UN Since 2000, there has been enormous progress in achieving the target of universal primary…www.undp.org
8. The Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD)
- a non-UN agency that promotes policies to the improve the economic and social well-being of people and countries around the world. The work of the OECD concerns multiple SDGs, and works in data collection and policy creation.
Data and research on education including skills, literacy, research, elementary schools, childhood learning, vocational…www.oecd.org
9. UNESCO Institute for Statistics
- the UN site for Goal 4 global data and indicator tracking.
This page is the home page for the UIS Education site, providing access to news on international education data…www.uis.unesco.org
10. UN Campaigns for Goal 4