SDG GOAL 5 — GENDER EQUALITY
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere
Eliminate all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres, including trafficking and sexual and other types of exploitation
Eliminate all harmful practices, such as child, early and forced marriage and female genital mutilation
Recognize and value unpaid care and domestic work through the provision of public services, infrastructure and social protection policies and the promotion of shared responsibility within the household and the family as nationally appropriate
Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and public life
Ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights as agreed in accordance with the Program of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development and the Beijing Platform for Action and the outcome documents of their review conferences
Undertake reforms to give women equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to ownership and control over land and other forms of property, financial services, inheritance and natural resources, in accordance with national laws
Enhance the use of enabling technology, in particular information and communications technology, to promote the empowerment of women
Adopt and strengthen sound policies and enforceable legislation for the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls at all levels
- Metadata compilation for Goal 5— as of March 31, 2016.
2. UN Women and UNFPA Presentation on indicators for Goal 5 at the 3rd Meeting of the IAEG-SDG
3. United Nations Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform, from the Department of Economic and Social Affairs
In collaboration with its partners, the Daniel Iroegbu Global Dental Health Care Foundation (DIGDHEF) is committed to…sustainabledevelopment.un.org
4. The Sustainable Development Goals Fund
Empowering women and promoting gender equality is crucial to accelerating sustainable development. Ending all forms of…www.sdgfund.org
5. UN Women
- UN entity for Gender Equality and empowerment of Women created in 2010. The foremost UN agency dedicated to Goal 5.
Getting humanitarian action right for women and girls In a statement ahead of the World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul…www.unwomen.org
6. UNICEF Gender
- UN agency dedicated to the needs of children and women in developing countries. Tracks data in relation to Goal 5, along with other goals.
In India, village committees take on child marriage Pratigya hears that Chandra Devi is planning to marry off her…www.unicef.org
7. The United Nations Population Fund
- UN agency dedicated to women, childbirth, and children. Main topics of concern include women’s health, gender equality, and access for developing nations to population needs.
Gender equality is a human right. Women are entitled to live with dignity and with freedom from want and from fear…www.unfpa.org
8. World Health Organization
- Tying in with Goal 3, and other SDGs, WHO leads in data collection and analysis for SDGs concerning all forms of health for women, children, and the poor.
17 MAY 2016 - The 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda imagines a world that reflects equity with universal respect for…www.who.int
9. United Nations Human Rights Office of the High Commissioner
10. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Focuses on women refugees in regards to Goal 5.
At UNHCR, we work hard to ease their struggle, ensuring safe shelters that offer privacy, assistance with construction…www.unhcr.org
11. Inter-Parliamentary Union
- International organization of parliaments, works closely with the UN. Will oversee the data of women in government positions.
Candidates hoping to succeed Ban Ki-moon as Secretary-General of the United Nations have stressed their commitment to…www.ipu.org
12. The Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women
- Expert body established by the UN in 1928. Another UN member dedicated to the work of Goal 5.
As of the end of 2007, a total of The United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women…www.un.org
13. Multiple UN campaigns
What we share is more powerful than what divides us. Stand together for gender equality at #HeForShe.www.heforshe.org
Every Woman Every Child is an unprecedented global movement that mobilizes and intensifies international and national…www.everywomaneverychild.org