MPC Knight Rider KITT build

Sean Wragg
Mar 26, 2015 · 3 min read

This is my second attempt at putting together any model car. My first attempt didn’t go as well as I initially expected. I’m hoping to apply the lesson’s learned for a better end result :)

Unboxing

Painting

The rip in the seat furthest to the right is unintentional. I’m not really sure how it happened but, decided to keep it since it gives the seat a more practical look after some Hoff-wear and tear.

I did the same with the back but, taped off everything but the seats (using masking tape). I’ve had bad experience using masking tape but, figured I could be less precise here without too much worry.

Which didn’t come out too bad when the front seats were installed

I installed the windows (before I realized that I wanted to paint the body); so brought out the masking tape again. Since the kit is already black, I figured I wouldn’t need a coat of primer and instead just went with spray lacquer Model Master Spray Lacquer (really need to purchase an air brush).

After spray painting (and applying top windows):

I’m not sure how well it shows up on web but, the spray provided a much richer (more realistic looking) black.

Assembly

Applying stickers:

Delayed Completion

sean3z

Code, Comics, and Fhqwhgads!

sean3z

Code, Comics, and Fhqwhgads!

Sean Wragg

Written by

Writing about code, comics, and fhqwhgads!

sean3z

Code, Comics, and Fhqwhgads!