MPC Knight Rider KITT build
This is my second attempt at putting together any model car. My first attempt didn’t go as well as I initially expected. I’m hoping to apply the lesson’s learned for a better end result :)
For the seats, I used Model Master’s Fabric Tan; which gave them a much less plastic-y look.
The rip in the seat furthest to the right is unintentional. I’m not really sure how it happened but, decided to keep it since it gives the seat a more practical look after some Hoff-wear and tear.
I did the same with the back but, taped off everything but the seats (using masking tape). I’ve had bad experience using masking tape but, figured I could be less precise here without too much worry.
Which didn’t come out too bad when the front seats were installed
I installed the windows (before I realized that I wanted to paint the body); so brought out the masking tape again. Since the kit is already black, I figured I wouldn’t need a coat of primer and instead just went with spray lacquer Model Master Spray Lacquer (really need to purchase an air brush).
After spray painting (and applying top windows):
I’m not sure how well it shows up on web but, the spray provided a much richer (more realistic looking) black.
This was pretty straight forward and actually far less complex than my first model. The engine only required assembly of a few parts. The wheels are pretty static but for some reason my front passenger wheel allows for some movement.
So it’s been awhile since I’ve touched this project (months, hence the dust in the images below) but, I decided to (quickly) throw together the remaining items for completion’s sake.