A New Adventure
The week of December 3rd I found myself in Orlando for #Mozlando2018. It’s essentially a week-long event where Mozillians from all across the globe gather to work, celebrate, and build together for the future.
Mozlando was a new adventure for me in more ways than one. For the record…
- I’m a 4th year Software Development student from a college in Canada 👨🏽💻
- I’ve been fortunate enough to have landed patches for Rust, Crates.io, Activity Stream, and AMO over the past year 🔥🦊
- This was my first all-hands 🆕 🕺🏽
- This was my first time ever outside of Canada 🇨🇦
- This was my first time flying ✈️
- This was my first trip to Disney 🏰🧚🤴🏽👸🏽
Phew.. that’s a lotta firsts! There was a lot I wanted to write but I felt that it’d be better if I showed photos from my POV:
Monday was primarily travel day!
On Tuesday, everyone got together for lots of great events!
- Loved the talk given by Mitchell Baker
- Finally got to meet all of the faces behind the AMO & the Addons team!!
Wednesday was another day where everyone was working and/or had meetings.
- I had to chance to chat with individuals who have mentored friends of mine (Jason, Steve, Mark and a bunch of others)
- We watched SpaceX launch a rocket into space 👩🏽🚀
- I visited Disney World with the squad 🏰
- Most of us (sorry Bus 12 😔) visited the Kennedy Space Center 🛸
- There was an alligator on the highway 🐊
Thursday was a very chill day. I think a lot of us were exhausted from the week — I know I was and so I hung out on a beanbag with my headphones!
Friday was the last day of activities. The weather was gorgeous and so we made the most of it!
Our last day in Orlando — it was a short one with everyone heading back home 🛫
Reflecting on the week
Just looking over these photos makes me feel exhausted but grateful that I was part of this adventure. I had the chance to meet all of the faces behind the avatars, learn more about the challenges facing my team and get away from school for a week. Unfortunately I had exams as soon as I returned 😶