Securitize is proud to announce the release of the Digital Securities Protocol (DS Protocol) interfaces.
“We decided to open source the DS Protocol only after proving it works in real-world applications with real customers tokenizing multiple actual securities. The DS Protocol is now ready for developers to begin creating innovative applications for digital securities and to join us in shaping the future of capital markets.”
Carlos Domingo, CEO & Co-Founder of Securitize.
We believe that Digital Securities on the blockchain will revolutionize ownership models, allowing for partial ownership in a way that is liquid, secure, virtually incorruptible, and accessible to trade by anyone with an internet connection.
The role of Securitize’s DS Protocol is to provide the proper Digital Ownership Architecture to address all aspects of the Digital Security lifecycle, which facilitates dynamic and open participation of multiple actors. With the release of this interface we expect to facilitate such participation, so that DS Tokens will be easier to exchange, and enriched thanks to new DS Apps created everywhere.
You can now access our smart contract’s code repository here: https://github.com/securitize-io/DSTokenInterfaces
This code includes the smart contracts defining the main interfaces required by the DS Protocol, as well as the ABIs (Application Binary Interfaces) that facilitate interacting with them. They are:
- DSServiceConsumerInterface — The basic fabric of the DS Protocol, allowing the different components to be able to associate with each other dynamically.
- DSTokenInterface — The interface defining the DS Token itself, an extension of the ERC20 standard, but including additional mechanisms relevant for Digital Securities, like investor-centric balances or the capability of iterating through the wallets holding tokens.
- DSTrustServiceInterface — The interface for the Trust Service, which allows assigning trust roles in the context of a DS Token, so that authorized actors or DS Apps can appropriately interact with the rest of the services.
- DSRegistryServiceInterface — This interface defines the functions for the Registry Service, which holds the relevant information about investors to ensure compliance during issuance or trades, but also to keep their privacy.
- DSComplianceServiceInterface — Finally, this is the interface the DS Token will rely on to ensure the validation of the different operations of issuance and trade during its lifecycle.
Readers of our DS Protocol white-paper will probably notice that one of the DS Services described there are currently missing. Yes, the Comms Service is not ready yet and will be published in a future release of DS Protocol code.
What comes next
Our issuers are already enjoying the benefits of DS Tokens as compliant and extensible solutions, and you can expect more announcements from us about that soon.
We are also working closely with choice partner-regulated marketplaces, that are as excited as we are getting the first Security Tokens listed to be traded in a compliant way, fulfilling the liquidity promise of Digital Securities on the blockchain. A special mention in this space must go to OpenFinance Networks, which has helped us with the validation and testing of many of the concepts around the DS Protocol.
So stay tuned for the next posts, which will go into the details of the released code, and new announcements around our DS Protocol that will keep advancing an open ecosystem for Digital Securities.
Securitize delivers trusted global solutions for creating compliant digital securities. The Securitize compliance platform and protocol provide a proven, full-stack solution for issuing and managing digital securities (security tokens). Securitize’s innovative DS Protocol has the highest adoption rate in the industry and enables seamless, fully compliant trading across multiple markets simultaneously. Multiple Securitize powered digital securities are already trading globally on public marketplaces with many more in the pipeline.
You can learn more about Securitize at our website: www.securitize.io
And you can join the conversation about the Digital Securities revolution in our Telegram channel.