Ethereum 2.0 staking rewards are coming for crypto traders soon
The much-anticipated Ethereum 2.0 staking has got major succor as all the top global cryptocurrency exchanges are all set to support it.
Plans are in full swing to inaugurate ETH2 staking, trading, and conversion services from early next year. Users can convert their Ethereum tokens into ETH2 and earn staking rewards. The staked ETH2 tokens will remain locked on the beacon chain. Trading will be enabled between ETH2 and ETH and all other supported currencies, ensuring sufficient liquidity for the platform’s users.
The migration and distribution of ETH 2.0 staking rewards will also be supported.
Ethereum’s efforts for Ethereum 2.0 staking
- Ethereum is already in full swing to upgrade its network from a proof of work consensus mechanism to a proof of stake concept.
- The proof of stake method is more energy-efficient and sustainable for validating users’ transactions on the network.
- It will reduce the risks of centralization, lower the transaction costs, prevent network congestion issues, and be more resistant to any attacks.
- Ethereum is already supporting many DApps, DeFi projects, and games on its network with a vibrant developer community.
- ETH2 aims to solve two main issues within blockchain development: limited scalability and high gas prices.
- Ethereum 2.0 needs the support of at least 16384 validators and a combined value of 524,288 ETH to launch its services.
- It wants to make itself be used by anyone in the world regardless of the hardware available to them, in a manner that is resistant to any form of censorship.
- ETH 2.0 has a whopping speed of 100,000 transactions per second.
Some factors to consider before going for Ethereum 2.0 staking
- Those investors planning to put their money for the long run will use their assets to support the blockchain network’s health and earn some yield along the way.
- While yields can be up to 20%, sometimes the staked ETH of users will be locked up, making it illiquid for an indefinite period.
- Stakers will also face the possibility of being slashed if they fail to perform their duties properly on the platform.
- Potential stakers have to decide whether to do the entire process themselves or delegate the task to stake providers or third parties.
- Since a minimum of 32 ETH ($18,816) will be required, many may opt to join staking pools that aggregate small amounts of ETH.
- There is also a likelihood of the staked ETH on the beacon chain to be tokenized. This will lead to a derivative of the asset to be created that can be used and traded freely.
- There are pooling alternatives in the form of Rocket Pool where even a small amount of 0.01 ETH can be staked easily, and the users’ can receive a tokenized staking deposit.
Though the staking of Ethereum 2.0 is not entirely risk-free, the crypto world is daring enough to experiment with it. Since the ETH stakeholders play a central role in the beacon chain upkeep, they receive rewards regularly for securing the network and constant validation.
Blockchain App Factory has also kept pace with the changing trends by offering Ethereum 2.0 staking where users can earn passive income. The rewards will be calculated based on the quantity of staked assets, the staking duration, inflation rate, and the network issuance rate.