Today’s Book Brief: First Break All the Rules
If you want to become a better manager, Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman tell us that we need to do. First, Break All The Rules by ensuring your employees answer “yes” to the following 12 questions:
- Do I know what is expected of me at work?
- Do I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right?
- Do I have the opportunity to do what I do best everyday?
- In the last 7 days, have I received recognition or praise for doing good work?
- Does my supervisor or someone at work seem to care about me as a person?
- Is there someone at work who encourages my development?
- At work, do my opinions seem to count?
- Does the mission / purpose of my company make me feel my job is important?
- Are my co-workers committed to doing quality work?
- Do I have a best friend at work?
- In the last 6 months, has someone talked to me about my progress?
- This last year, have I had the opportunity at work to learn and grow?
At Readitfor.me, we spark conversations that lead to your greatest work. We bring you the best ideas from the world’s most-read business books & bloggers.