At the beginning of the year, it’s common to set ambitious goals. It’s a clean slate, a fresh start — a whole year to accomplish new things. But as the months roll by, it may start to feel like you’re quickly running out of time.
At this point, it’s tempting to give up entirely.
But, before you decide to abandon ship, here are 5 tips on how to make the most of what you’ve already been working on:
5 Tips on how making the most of the year
- Celebrate your accomplishments thus far, no matter how small. It’s so easy to forget the progress you’ve already made. Try going month by month, starting with January, and list off your accomplishments in a note so it’s all documented. The most important part is to give yourself kudos on what you’ve already completed. You might be surprised at how many things you’ve already checked off!
- Have too many goals? Pick the single most important goal for your business this year that would have the most impact. What would it mean to successfully accomplish that one goal? Is it a higher sales volume, a new title, or something else? Write it down where you won’t lose track of it.
- Once set, tell someone else about your goal and what you’re trying differently over the next month. Post it in our Community Facebook Group or simply write it in the comments of this blog post. Share it with your upline or your accountability partner. Once you tell someone else, the plan becomes real and more importantly, you’ll be accountable.
- Make a new plan that spans the next 30 days. 30 days might seem arbitrary, but you’ll want to make sure you have enough information to decide whether a new approach will stick or not. If it helps, break down the small steps that you would need to reach during each of the 4 weeks. If your new approach works, apply it to the remaining months in 2019.
- Measure your progress every week. Tracking progress on a weekly basis ensures there are no surprises on how you’re doing. Pick a day and time of the week for a regular, weekly check-in. Ask your team if they’re working on a specific goal and do a collective weekly check-in to cheer one another on!
What’s the one new approach you’re trying? Let us know in the comments below!
If you enjoyed this story, please click the 👏 button and share to help others find it!
We would also love to work with you on future blog posts. If you would like to share your story and experience, send us a blog submission!