Company Policy: Standards for Employee Performance Evaluations
Standard guidelines regarding how Employee Performance Evaluations will be conducted
Summary: We try to develop fair, objective evaluation standards that will actively reward those who try their best.
Thus, as per our internal goals, on January 1st, 2022, any team member in McKinley & Rice must be at least as good as the average of their peers in Silicon Valley.
Goals of Employee Performance Evaluation
These are the five goals of an effective employee evaluation process.
1. The goal in employee evaluation is to motivate a high level of quality and quantity in the work that the employee produces.
2. The goals of the best employee performance evaluations also include employee development and organizational improvement. The employee performance evaluation helps employees accomplish both personal development and organizational goals. The act of writing down the goals takes the employee one step closer to accomplishing them.
Since goals, deliverables, and measurements are negotiated in an effective employee performance evaluation, the employee and the supervisor are committed to achieving them. The written personal development goals are a commitment from the organization to assist the employee to grow in his or her career.
3. Employee performance evaluation provides legal, ethical, and visible evidence that employees were actively involved in understanding the requirements of their jobs and their performance. The accompanying goal setting, performance feedback, and documentation ensure that employees understand their required outputs. The goal of employee performance evaluation is to create accurate appraisal documentation to protect both the employee and the employer.
In the event that an employee is not succeeding or improving his job performance, the performance evaluation documentation can be used to develop a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
This plan provides more detailed goals with more frequent feedback to an employee who is struggling to perform. The goal of a PIP is the improvement of the employee’s performance, but non-performance can lead to disciplinary action up to and including employment termination.
4. In many organizations, numeric rankings are used to compare an employee’s performance with the performance of other employees. Numeric ratings are frequent components of these systems, too.
No matter how fair and non-discriminatory, these ratings are made to appear through the endless establishment of criteria for rating, and they boil down to the manager’s opinion of an employee’s performance. This is why numeric components in an employee performance evaluation process are not recommended.
5. The employee performance evaluation provides evidence of non-discriminatory promotion, pay, and recognition processes. This is an important consideration in training managers to perform consistent, regular, non-discriminatory employee performance evaluations. You want to ensure equitable measurement of an employee’s contribution to the accomplishment of work,
The documentation of success and failure to achieve goals is a critical component of the employee performance evaluation process.
While employee performance evaluation systems take many forms from organization to organization, these are the components that organizations are most likely to include. Some are more effective than others.
But the goals for the employee performance evaluation system, or the appraisal process, or the performance management process are similar. The differences appear in the approach and the details. And, that can make all of the difference in how the performance evaluation system is perceived by and carried out by employees.
Weekly Performance Evaluations
(In parentheses amount are the % of weights) Evaluators: Leads
1) Project / Task Daily Update ASANA (10)
Components: Daily task update and reporting on ASANA With Comments and Reference
Points: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (each day 100% Task Update 2 Points) (For Ref: https://app.asana.com/0/1113736805526837/overview)
2) Project and Task Understanding (10)
Components: Understanding level of Project and Task includes task and project flow . (for ref : https://medium.com/seminal/understanding-project-and-task-dependencies-d2eed6be8e97)
3) For Developer Team: Coding Standard and Work Quality (30)
Points for Coding Standard (20) : Coding structure and standard, (relevant to language / platform / lib : Indenting , Semicolons ,File-closure,Variable naming (CamelCasing) ,Variables and Arrays,Type of Functions, Constructors, Comments, String concatenation,Control structures (if, while, etc.) Operators), If available then based on our coding standards ( https://github.com/mckinley-and-rice/code-of-conduct/tree/master/Coding%20Standard) else global standards.
Points for Cleanliness of code (10) : (relevant to language/platform/lib: Code Arraignment, Whitespace, Comments, Format), If available then based on our coding standards ( https://github.com/mckinley-and-rice/code-of-conduct/tree/master/Coding%20Standard) else global standards.
# For Design Team: Design Standard and Work Quality (30)
4) Self Dependency / confidence (10)
Components: The capability of task completion based on self-knowledge/confidence (Without taking extra help from colleges /Leads/outsource)
The Review will be calculated With the help of Team Feedback and Lead Feedback
Points for Self Dependency / confidence = ((# of the task completed without help /total # task assigned )*10)
5) Task Sincerity (20)
Components: Task completion on Task scheduled timeline with sticking to the timelines
Points for Task Sincerity = ((# of the task completed on time/total # task assigned )*20)
6) Problem Solving Approach and Feedback (10)
Components: The way/process used to solve Problem /Task/issue / Mentoring to other / Client Feedback
7) Learning New Technology / Skills (10)
Components: Self Enhancement / Awareness / knowledge / Learn about new Technologies / Libraries / Features / Languages / etc
Weekly Performance Evaluation = (( 1 Factor+ 2 Factor + 3 Factor + 4 Factor + 5 Factor + 6 Factor+ 7 Factor ) / 10)
Version 2.1: Change: Changes in some Measures
Project / Task Daily Update (10), Project and Task Understanding (10), Standard and Work Quality (30), Self Dependency/confidence (10), Task Sincerity (20), Problem Solving Approach(10), and Feedback Learning New Technology / Skills (10).
Version 2.0: Change: Setup a new measure for performance evaluation
Project / Task Daily Update(20), Project and Task Understanding (05), Standard and Work Quality(30), Self Dependency/confidence (10), Task Sincerity, Problem Solving Approach (10), and Feedback (2.5), Learning New Technology / Skills(2.5)
Version 1.0 : Change : Basic structure for performance evaluation