Sensay Coin Redemption: How to Redeem SENSE Tokens You’ve Earned on Sensay
Hey Sensay! 👋
Today’s a big day for you and more than 3,000,000 members of the Sensay network all across the world as it marks the start of the Sensay Coin Redemption Period, running from January 24 2018 through to December 31st 2018.
To make good on Sensay’s promise to enable users of the first SENSE App to redeem SENSE tokens for the Sensay Coins they’ve accumulated over the years, the Redemption Period introduces a new element inside of Sensaybot providing the means to redeem one (1) SENSE token for each (1) Sensay coin in your balance (minimum balance of 100 coins required).
This short guide will deliver details about the Redemption Period and a step-by-step for Sensay users looking to redeem SENSE tokens immediately.
What is SENSE and what is its utility?
SENSE is the utility token for the Human Intelligence protocol and SENSE API
SENSE is rewarded for human knowledge attribution enabled by applications on the makesense.com network and is used to access Human Knowledge through the use of the SENSE API, a protocol which simplifies interfacing with Ethereum smart contacts and enable access to knowledge attributed to specific ETH addresses.
Developers are welcome to request testnet access to the SENSE API to enable their own app consumers to take advantage of the Knowledge Attribution contract and make SENSE for contributing their app consumption data to the SENSE ecosystem network and qualifying for residual SENSE rewards as that data is accessed across the network.
The way you have used Sensay over the years has inspired us and taught us so much about what we are trying to accomplish; that humans and their experiences are valuable across a variety of platforms and products.
You’ve shown us a way to enable anyone to make SENSE from the digital activities they perform every day, without requiring any change in behaviour and by extension continue building upon the network SENSE already is.
How can I acquire SENSE tokens?
Until recently, Sensay was the premier destination for consumers interested in acquiring Sensay coins to be redeemable for SENSE in the future.
In our token sale whitepaper, we defined Day 1 functionality as enabling consumers to generate SENSE rewards for interacting with the Knowledge Attribution contract aiming at services such as GitHub and Reddit, with testnet access live and available since Day 1 on makesense.com.
If you haven’t yet, be sure to give it a try and share yourfeedback. We’re very interested to hear your thoughts as we are preparing to deliver a new, standalone vision that builds upon this pre-existing utility and concept.
Sensay users have been making SENSE for 3+ years
From solving bullying at scale to enabling anyone to peek into Sensay chats across a variety of subjects, Sensay users have been instrumental in teaching us about the conversational age and the value exchanged between one another inside of those converations.
In attempting to quantify the gratitude and value generated from the help Sensays offered and received across Sensay chats, the Sensay Coin was introduced as a means to say “thank you” to one another, without any other particular raison d’être.
To our surprise, more than three million network participants earned and exchanged over 22,000,000 Sensay coins within the gratitude framework we posited, eventually introducing large amounts of user requests to quantify that value in some way.
Little did we know that the things we’d learn thanks to the Sensay Coin would be the genesis insights giving sustenance to the SENSE vision, to quantify the human capital that is being exchanged not only across Sensay chats but across the entire spectrum of digital destinations where humans spend their time, as a means to materialize a future where you own your data and are rewarded from it continuously.
And that’s why we’re excited to introduce Sensay’s entire network to the world of Ethereum tokens by opening the Sensay Coin Redemption Period and offering Sensay users the first opportunity to own an Ethereum wallet as well as an ERC20 token that has a specific utility — in this case the utility of attributing and accessing human knowledge via smart contract technology.
Sensay Coin Redemption period has now begun
So it begins! 🚀
The Sensay coin redemption period started on January 24, 2018 and will end on December 31st, 2018.
Use ‘Redeem 🎫’ inside of the ‘Me’ section to initiate the self-service bot to redeem your SENSE tokens.
All Sensay users will receive a broadcasted message inviting to try out the Redeem feature.
The redeem feature will be available through 2018 until December 31st, 2018.
Step by step: Redeem SENSE tokens Sensay coins in your Sensay balance using MyEtherWallet
We’ve prepared a PDF file for you to look over with all the needed information to redeem and access your SENSE.
Redemption Period Details
- Exchanging Sensay coins to sense is a permanent change; there is no current way to add Sensay Coins to Sensay.
- You’ll need to have a minimum balance of 100 Sensay coins to be able to use the redemption bot; if your balance too low, simply take some time to answer questions on the network and earn tips you’ll later redeem for Sense tokens.
- The redemption period starts on January 24, 2017 and ends December 31st, 2018. At the end of the redemption period, remaining sense tokens intended for redemption will be returned to the SENSE Community Wallet
- The redemption rate for Sensay Coins to SENSE is done on a 1:1 basis. The tokens provided to Sensay early adopters are sourced from the SENSE Community Wallet, with the intention of making good on our intentions vis-a-vis Sensay’s early adopter community, additional to the aim of introducing more than 3 million consumers to the SENSE smart contract utility as well as the rest of the Ethereum community.
- Redeeming SENSE tokens for Sensay coins is currently optional — you are free to leave part or all of your Sensay coin balance inside of Sensay up until December 31st, 2018. After December 31st, all non-redeemed Sensay coins that have been accounted for will be returned to the Community Incentives wallet or burned — and official announcement to follow in due time.
- We’re sunsetting the Sensay Referral Program today. In the hopes that you’ve taken advantage of it over the course of the last year, securing 25 SENSE per friend successfully invited to Sensay. The referral functionality is being retired, but you are still free to share Sensay with friends and enable them to discover its utility.
Sensay Coin Redemption Period FAQ
Frequently asked questions will be populated here as they are received. Please ensure to use the provided PDF document for a detailed step-by-step.
- My tokens aren’t appearing in my wallet.
If you are using MyEtherWallet, make sure to click “Show All Tokens” in the lower right, next to your wallet address. Scroll down to SENSE and load your tokens.
For other wallets, we recommend reviewing the wallet provider’s official documentation for custom tokens.
2. The wallet I provided to receive my SENSE is from an exchange. Where are my tokens?
Most exchanges are not currently compatible wallets to receive SENSE. If you have questions or have contributed from an exchange, please email email@example.com or the exchange’s support center immediately.
Join us on Telegram
If you’re stuck, having trouble or looking to join the community, take a second to join our Telegram group and engage with more than 2,000 SENSE community members exploring the present and future of Human Capital.