This is a short update to the already published roadmap that was released on the 1st of April, 2019.
On-going development & upcoming releases:
- Sentinel Desktop Client (alpha)— v0.1.2 — has been released to our testing community (exclusive & limited) and will be released to the full community by the end of this month.
- Sentinel dVPN Node Update— v0.0.8 on Ethereum and v0.1.4 on Tendermint — Updates to the current dVPN node are being worked on. These will be tested internally this week and released to the community by the end of this month.
- Sentinel Android App —Updates to the current app on Google Play & GitHub will be updated and released to testers and the entire community by the end of this month.
dVPN Node Incentivization Program
Exit Nodes of the decentralized VPN (Sentinel dVPN) network will be incentivised for running nodes on Sentinel Testnets. The dVPN currently runs on the Sentinel Tendermint Testnet v1.1.
The node incentivization program will include rewards for all nodes that are up for a minimum of ‘x’ days and that have contributed ‘y’ GB / TB to the network. Information on the routing protocols that the dVPN Exit Nodes utilise will be shared in the announcement.
Users are requested NOT to use home computers for running dVPN nodes as traffic to censored content might attract DMCA notices. To prepare for the hosting, you can procure/provision and try out a node with the below configuration:
- 1 or 2 core CPU
- 2 or 4 GB RAM
- 10–15 GB SSD
- Ubuntu 16.04 or over (OR) Debian 8 or over
- Node Hosting Instructions on Tendermint
Current research & development also includes TOR over dVPN (OR) TOR Exit Nodes, Private Nets and dChat development progress of which will be shared as and when there are significant updates.
Join our Community!
- Participate in discussion in our Telegram community chat.
- Follow us on Twitter and join the Telegram Official Announcements Channel for regular development and network updates.
- Follow the Medium blog for detailed updates on releases and development progress.
About Sentinel Network
Sentinel Network is a network layer that enables a true p2p and decentralized applications and resources marketplace. Sentinel enables anyone to create Public and Private networks that provide access to both free and incentivized, and also payment method agnostic (pre-paid/escrow/post-paid) services (dApps) & distributed resources, enabling its clients to become both producers and consumers in the network.
Sentinel utilizes locking, staking and multi-sig directly from Tendermint core and Cosmos SDK and aims to fully eliminate the disadvantages of previous generation protocols, that couldn’t scale due to limitations of the blockchain they share with other dApps or that have an unsustainable economic model that reduces usability or access to the product they offer.
Follow us on Medium to stay up to date with the latest Sentinel announcements and developments.
View exchanges for trading SENT on the Sentinel website.
Follow Sentinel ONLY ON Official Social Media platforms: