The Ultimate Keyword Research Guide (2019 Edition)
Keyword research is very important when it comes to structuring your content for SEO. The main purpose of keyword research is to target the right keywords that your audience searches.
It is a very important part of a content marketing campaign. Targeting the right keywords will help you in getting targeted organic traffic to your website for that particular search term.
What Are Keywords?
A keyword is a word or phrase which the user types in the search bar while performing a Google search. This tells the search engine that what you are searching for and it points out the articles containing that word or phrase.
How Should You Choose Right Keywords For Your Website Or Business?
So, this very important term when it comes to search engine rankings that you use the right keywords. It is also an essential step from the SEO point of view. Here are some of the planning tips that you must remember:
- Use different keyword planning tools available in the market.
- Include relevant keywords within your title tag and meta description tag that helps the Google bots to recognize that what your site is about.
- Always go for high CPC keywords that is choose those who have a high cost per click value and a decent search volume.
- Make sure that your article is related to that and is a detailed one.
- Use LSI keywords in your posts.
- Use them throughout your posts to increase search engine visibility.
Mistakes That You Should Avoid While Selecting Keywords:
While selecting keywords there are many precautions that you need to take. If you are not careful then you will not be able to last for a long time. Here are some tips that you should follow to avoid such mistakes:
- Don’t just go for those keywords who have high search volume but low click per click.
- Don’t use the same keyword too many times in your posts.
- Try to use different keywords in each of your posts.
- If you will write the same type of content and will use the same keyword again and again. Your website will be banned by Google.
- You must not include keywords in any copyrighted content in your post.
Keyword research techniques
There are many ways to find the right keywords for your posts. You may have heard of techniques like — copy your competitor’s keywords, Google keyword planner etc but I am going to tell you 5 untapped keyword research techniques that work great in 2019 but are underrated by people.
And of course, we will jump to Google Keyword Planner after this.
So, you must be wondering how Amazon will help you in your keyword research?
Well, it is a great place to get a lot of long tail and LSI keywords and guess what most people don’t use it. Here is how to use Amazon to get great keyword ideas:
a) First of all head over to Amazon official website.
b) Then search for your keyword in the books section and select a popular book in your niche.
c) Click on the book and see the table of content. Each chapter headline is a great keyword themselves.
Quora is a junction for awesome keywords. You can get a lot of high quality keywords for your posts. On Quora, there are hundreds and thousands of people searching for perfect answers to their questions like this:
Quora is the best place for finding those keywords that people are searching for. You can also search for your niche and get great keyword ideas.
#3 Google Suggest
Google suggest is also a great way to find long tail keyword ideas for your posts. You can go on Google search to perform a search for a keyword like ‘SEO’ and scroll down to the bottom of the page and there you will find some great keyword ideas:
Google Adwords Keyword Tool
So this is the tool that will help you to succeed in your blogging career. If you understand how to use it and follow all the terms and conditions. Now what this tool will do is that it will help you to select proper keywords for your Google ads and posts.
You should follow the following tips to increase your organic search traffic using this tool:
- First of all, you will need to create a date range for your keyword planning. What I mean by this is that you will need to divide your work each day to perform effectively on the web.
- Create Your Adwords account using your email and other information.
- Then there click on the keyword planner.
- In there type your topic or domain name.
- Thousands of results will be displayed and choose high CPC keywords with decent search volume.
- Create different ad groups using those keywords.
- Look at your Ad impression share eligibility: It is defined as the number of impressions on your website divided by the number of impressions you were eligible for.
- Apart from keyword researching, keep an eye on average monthly searches.
- Also, keep an eye on your average position each month.
Benefits Of Using The Google Keyword Tool:
It is very hard to believe for all of us that Google itself provides all the tools that will definitely help you to rank no 1 on Google. Well, let’s look at some of the benefits of using Google Keyword Planner Tool:
- This keyword planner tool will not only help you to find the right keywords for your posts, but it will also help you to increase your readability.
- It gives new keyword ideas that make it easier for you.
- It helps you to make and manage your keyword lists effectively.
Google Keyword Planner tool makes it very easy for you to optimize your blog posts according to the latest search algorithms. By providing the right keywords and increasing your search engine visibility.
Google Search Console And Google Trends
If you want to look at the most search terms for your blog posts then search console is best for you. It tells you the number of clicks and impressions on each and every post.
From there you can optimize your website using those keywords that are getting more clicks rather than getting impressions.
Using the search console will improve your search appearance on Google. You will need to submit the sitemap of your website. That will be crawled by Google bots and they will index the pages of your website on Google.
Note: Make sure that your website does not contain any broken or bad URL that points to a bad host or server. This will have a negative effect on Your SEO.
Google Trends is a free keyword researching tool provided by Google that helps in searching for the most searched and trending topics in the world. It also shows you the number of searches per day and in which region, the particular topic searched by you is more popular.
Free Tools For More Accurate Keyword Planning
Apart from the Google Keyword Planner tool, there are many other tools that as effective as the Google tool. They are useful for those who have just started blogging.
They will help them to gain some speed and knowledge about planning keywords.
Free tools make it easy for everyone to take their SEO to next level. And I recommend to use some of these tools along with Google Keyword Planner to enhance your search engine rankings.
Here are some of the top-notch tools that you can use:
- SEMRUSH: This the best tool that I have ever used in my life. It ‘s great, this tool provides you with the keywords that you need to include in your posts. Also, it provides you with LSI keywords.
- It also provides you with SEO content writing tool to enhance your content writing and gives you a score so that you can adjust it according to the best available optimizations.
- Everywhere Keyword Planner: It is also a great free tool. It shows you thousands of keywords to choose from.
- A lot of options means greater chances of getting more traffic. It is also available as a chrome extension. You may use because it’s free and good too.
- Ahrefs: This is the same as SEMrush but the best part of this too is that it also shows you a ranking of your website according to the keywords you enter and use in your blog posts.
- You can use this to build backlinks also and check the backlinks of other websites. Great Isn’t it?
- All these tools are as good as the Google Keyword Planner so use it and rank higher.
At last, I will only say that use your money and time wisely especially if you are in online business. Use all the tools that have been mentioned above. They will help with your keyword planning and rank higher on Google.
Remember all the dos and donts given above and keep yourself in the safe zone.
And as I always tell you in my posts is that it’s a long process so be patient because you will be able to see the results after a few weeks. And most importantly don’t panic if you are not performing as well as you expected.