Search engines have become a part of our daily lives. Whenever you have a question, want to learn or buy something, the first thing to do is open Google and perform a search by typing a query into the Google search box or via voice search.
However, what should you do if you are a business and want customers to pay attention to your products or services first? There are a number of things business owners can do themselves, like content generation and social media campaigns, but may lack some of the technical SEO skills. This is where professional coders or SEO expertise may be needed.
What is SEO?:
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization (search engine optimization) is a collection of optimization methods to make the website become search engine friendly. Also, help with the website to rank higher when users search based on keywords. The benefit of technical SEO coupled with great content is that it’s sustainable and will stay ranked high for some time.
The ultimate goal of any SEO or online marketing services is to increase the number & quality of traffic to the website. By controlling this traffic, the website owner can ensure conversions thus resulting in sales.
What is Technical SEO?
There are three kinds of SEO: On-page, Off-page and Technical SEO. Although very rarely Technical SEO is mentioned by SEO experts, it always helps optimize websites effectively. In fact, when technical SEO is done correctly it can help search engines to crawl, interpret, and index the website without any lags and issues. Also, by carefully monitoring Technical SEO, you can help increase traffic to the Website. At the same time, easily improve its rankings on the search engines in the simplest way.
Techniques of SEO you should know
A good SEO strategist knows how to use three core practices in SEO in the most effective way.
Domain names and domain attributes
The domain name issue and the optimization of domain attributes, though quite simple, are rarely overlooked. Sometimes, Google’s algorithm will not identify and calculate your content but when coupled with a related domain name could help factor in better website ranking and domain authority.
The website should be built according to a structure diagram and have a specific grouping and layout. The silo model or Content Topic Cluster is one way to format. Users will interact with your page more (stay longer, see more content). That evaluates user signals and is a particularly important indicator in SEO. Other SEO factors include:
● Breadcrumb — Breadcrumb makes it easy for users to navigate the landing page on the website without having to press the back button in the browser and give another suggestion to the search engines about the structure of a website.
● Page 404 — A 404 page is displayed to users when the URL they visit does not exist on your site. There are three possibilities: the page has been deleted, the URL has changed, or they have entered the wrong URL in their browser.
● Sitemap.xml — The XML sitemap is a file that lists all the pages/articles and accessible from the site. Besides the title, it also includes the publication date and the last update date of the content. Search engines often use the sitemap.xml file to guide data collection. Structured data also helps crawlers better understand the page content.
● Page loading speed — It is extremely important. For all of us when visiting a website. Customers will leave the web page if it takes too long to load. Remember your not the only one providing the service so there is no reason to lose potential customers through a slow website.
● Mobile friendly — The thing to do is to test and optimize the site’s mobile-friendliness. All web designers and developers have made it a de facto to build websites that render across multiple devices. or example, most people use their phones to look up the information they need, it’s fast and convenient.
Considered to be one of the most important SEO factors today; Pagespeed or page load speed is always at the top of the checklist and optimized when starting an SEO campaign. You must aim to improve faster page load times. 82% of users will leave if a website takes too long to load (over 5s). The higher the bounce rate, the lower the website rating. Here are a few helpful methods to improve page speed:
● Optimize images — Large and sharp images will bring a greater experience to users; that no one denies. However, this will greatly affect the loading speed and bring unnecessary discomfort. The advice here is that the image may be a bit poor (acceptable), but keep the page loading speed as fast as possible.
● Limit advertising — Currently, there are many websites often selling advertising positions to make a profit; however, placing too many ads affects the loading speed of the page.
Mobile SEO is the search optimization of websites on the platform of mobile devices. Simply put, it helps users when searching for products and services on search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. via mobile devices. What makes SEO on mobile devices different from desktops are search habits. It is very important because people nowadays prefer the convenience of mobile devices over desktops.
As you have known, mobile phones have display screens that are much smaller than desktop computers. So if not optimized on mobile, users will have to zoom in and interact with the navigation buttons and this can be very difficult. This can lead to customers abandoning your website even though they need information from these pages. You should remember that mobile-friendly pages will help page ranking and SEO. Factors for mobile SEO include:
● Improve page loading speed — Whether on desktop or mobile, page loading speed is an important factor. Not only does this affect user experience, but it also directly affects Google’s ability to crawl the website. I have listed methods to improve page speech above.
● Improve the way content is displayed — Old websites often have problems displaying on mobile devices. Instead of displaying a mobile-optimized interface with larger text, a cleaner menu, a single page display, etc., these websites display just like they do on desktop computers. Not optimizing websites will allow visitors to move on to other competitor websites.
● Improve Google Maps — Mobile search users tend to find service locations around their location. For example, they are on the road and they are hungry. The usual thing is that they will use google maps to search for restaurants near them. Therefore, optimizing and placing the right content on the likes of Google My Business is a must.
SEO is different from Google Ads
SEO and AdWords help increase traffic to a website that customers search for with keywords” or a “phrase”. However organic SEO and Adwords differ when it comes to marketing methods.
Google Ads is a form of paid advertising to appear on search results pages. You only pay when someone clicks on the ad. Google Adwords allows you to place your ad on the right-hand side at the top position of the search results page on and other affiliate sites. Internet users type in keywords related to your product or service and your ad appears. Visitors will click on your ad and it will take them directly to your website.
Whereas organic SEO is much different and includes on-page SEO and off-page SEO that help the page rank higher over time. Organic SEO entails a number of strategies and tools such as Social Media, Email Marketing, etc.
What to know when it comes to SEO
You don’t need to be a genius in coding but you need to have a basic knowledge of web of programming. When optimizing a website you will need to know basic HTML and CSS. Hence why basic knowledge is indispensable. To get started:
- Learn about the field of SEO preparation
- Detailed analysis of websites and top competitors
- Make an SEO plan and a keyword list
- Optimize website structure so that it is search engine friendly
- Create quality content for websites
- Build quality backlink system pointing to the website
- Check keywords weekly, months to correct the mistake if any
- Maintain website and repeat work daily.
Takeaway on Technical SEO
To put in a nutshell, Technical SEO is very important when it comes to websites competing in terms of traffic and higher ranking. websites. Technical SEO refers to the process of website optimization for crawling and indexing. With SEO Technical, you can help search engines access, crawl, interpret, and index your website without problems. SEO will help the website achieve higher rankings on search engine results as well as increase the traffic to the website. After all, traffic is the most important factor in determining whether or not an SEO campaign is successful. Without traffic, you will have no conversions, no sales, no readers, and no search engine attention.