Welcome to the ninth Set Community Update! In these updates, we’ll give an overview of everything that happened in the Set universe over the last month including new product releases, community and media engagements, growth metrics, partnerships, where we’ve been and more. Let’s dive in!
News and Product Releases
In March, we pushed our biggest update to Set Social Trading since we launched the feature back in January. These new features give traders a richer fee structure and new assets (cTokens and LINK) to play with.
We introduced 3 new TokenSets Ambassadors in March — Cooper Turley, Daniel Zhang, and Jeremy Guzman.
We launched the second LINK-based Set on TokenSets in March that follows an RSI trading strategy on the LINK/ETH pair.
Carl uses data science to trade crypto and is the creator for the FART Set (not yet live) that trades based on signals from his AllThingsTA Telegram group.
In this blog post, TokenSets ambassador Cooper Turley gives an overview of how Set Protocol can absorb all other DeFi assets/primitives and supercharge them with automated trading strategies.
We launched a brand new login flow in March that now supports the Status Wallet, AlphaWallet and DappPocket wallet.
Reuptake will be offering his LINK Profit Taker Set which uses his 100 Waves strategy.
In this blog post, TokenSets ambassador Cooper Turley explores the many DeFi protocols on Ethereum that aren’t lending-related.
This new feature allows users to buy or sell cToken-enabled Sets using any of our supported tokens (ETH, USDC, DAI, WBTC and LINK).
imToken, a popular mobile wallet app, now has full integration with the TokenSets app.
SW Capital are offering four Sets — the LINK/ETH Long-Only Alpha Portfolio, BTC Long-Only Alpha Portfolio, ETH Long-Only Alpha Portfolio and ETH/BTC Long-Only Alpha Portfolio.
TokenSets now supports the German language natively on the website.
You can now buy Sets using Totle’s Swap feature by using ETH or any popular ERC-20 token.
Set in the Media
Set made various appearances in the media over the last month:
- Social Trader Adam Haeems featured TokenSets in his piece covering Fund Management on Ethereum
- Our CEO Felix Feng joined a virtual panel to talk about DeFi
- TokenSets was featured in CoinGecko’s ‘How to DeFi’ eBook
- DeFi Rate featured our cToken Trading Pair launch
- Our head of marketing Anthony joined The Crypto Lark to discuss Ethereum and TokenSets
- DeFi.cx wrote about TokenSets in one of their blog posts
- Alex Bash from Zerion gave an overview of DeFi investing strategies at EthCC and included Sets
- YouTuber ‘Learn How to Earn Online’ put together a video on Compound and TokenSets
- Walkonwaysvs wrote a piece on TokenSets
- Set Protocol was featured in Spencer Noon’s Our Network
Even though holding Sets ended up being a good choice during the Black Thursday crypto dump, the vault still saw a decline from a high of $5.6mil locked to $4.3mil locked by the end of March.
Cumulative unique addresses holding Sets grew from 3.15k to 3.6k during March.
- The DeFi universe is exploding
- Most Sets survived Black Thursday in crypto
- A review of Sets after crypto’s Black Thursday
Events and Community Engagements
Our team was sheltered in place during March (due to COVID-19) and we expect this to persist for the next few months which means we won’t be attending any events (besides virtual ones!). We’re all safe and sound working from home and we hope you are too.
We’re currently looking for passionate Software Engineers to aid us in our goal of building open financial products for the world. If this sounds like an opportunity that you’re interested in, you can check out the roles on our new careers page here.
We’re also looking for additional market makers to participate in our Set rebalances. If this sounds like something you or your team are interested in, please send an email to email@example.com.