Best films playing Bay Area cinemas week of 10/21/15
* Wed Oct 21
Victoria [Sebastian Schipper]
7pm at Shattuck
- Two hours, eighteen minutes and no cuts.
Back to the Future, Part II /// SF Sketchfest Presents The Benson Movie Interruption
8pm at Castro
- Comedian Doug Benson (“Super High Me,” “Last Comic Standing,” “Doug Loves Movies” podcast) and guests sit in the front row and riff on movies as they unfold on the screen.
* Thu Oct 22
Sicario [Denis Villeneuve]
7:15pm at California Theater (+ lots of other times / theaters)
- Super tight drug crime thriller.
* Fri Oct 23
Arab Film Festival Shorts
6pm at New Parkway
- Young Arab filmmakers showcase.
* Sat Oct 24
In Defense of Food [Michael Schwarz] /// Food Day
4pm at Roxie
- “Eat Food, Not Too Much, Mostly Plants” — Michael Pollan.
The Assassin [Hou Hsiao-Hsien]
7pm at California
- Cannes Best Director winner by master Hou Hsiao-Hsien.
* Sun Oct 25
Serpico [Sidney Lumet] /// Pacino Double Bill
4:35pm at Castro
- Good Pacino performance in this gritty-docu-realist-corrupt-cops thriller.
The Godfather [Francis Ford Coppola] /// Pacino Double Bill
7pm at Castro
- Exquisite epic.
Audition [Takashi Miike] /// Japanese Horror Week
8pm at Roxie
- Halloween treats. This is terrifying.
* Mon Oct 26
Toy Story [John Lasseter]
7pm at Castro
- 20th anniversary screening with Lasseter, Catmul attending in person and never before seen footage from the archives.
* Tue Oct 27
Rock the Kasbah [Barry Levinson]
7:30pm at AMC Van Ness 14
- Bill Murray and Bruce Willis make a movie in the Moroccan desert in 28 days.
Are you a developer or designer who loves arthouse + foreign + independent film?
Get in touch! — -