The Loop Issue # 5
Keeping you in the loop with Sharesies.
If I tried to explain our typical day it would sound bonkers. From reading a 96-page IRD guideline, to pitching to investors, to the depths of our business model spreadsheet, to coding (that’s right I’ve even been coding). This is the daily hustle as we ramp up to launching our beta and raising our first round of capital.
Since our last Loop, our key metrics have gone ↑↑↑:
- 5,173 visits to www.sharesies.nz (↑37%)
- 4,025 unique visitors to our site (↑36%)
- 1,014 beta signups (↑51%)
- 1,680 followers on Facebook (↑58%)
- Facebook Ads performing really well- 24c per click
Over the next few weeks we will be focussed on:
- Building our beta product (MVP)
- Growing & nurturing our community
- Investor hustle
Designed 47 product screens & building our beta.
Driving up content = driving up leads:
- Starting an Investment Club
- Signed up some help driving blogs, writing & marketing momentum.
Business Model Huddling
Launching new pages on our website (i.e. www.sharesies.nz/about) and a/b/c testing different messaging.
Facebook ad messaging testing going well- driving up our community and beta signups.
Can we please get your help with:
- Send people to sign-up for our beta launch www.sharesies.nz/signup
- Share these updates 😀
Challenges / struggles
- Getting into the detail of the regulations & making sure we have all our i’s dotted and t’s crossed.
- Figuring out the best capital raise strategy for Sharesies success.
- Determining what funds we can launch with….think we’ve got it sorted now.
- And……gotta work on my typos 😬
Shout outs & thank you!
Massive shout out to the following people who have given us their valuable time over the last few weeks.
Darryl, Paul, Michael, Dean, Ian, Mandy, Asa, Alex, Kelcey, Kristen, Dave, Sarah, David, Amy, Elyse, Sally, Vic, David, Kate, Cecilia, Ramesh, Anthony, Stu, David, Bernard, Toni, Chris, Natalie, Ryan & Graham.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions or comments.
Cheers from the Sharesies founders,
Brooke, Sonya, Leighton, John, Martyn, Richard & Ben
Sharesies Vision: We want someone with $50 to have the same investment opportunities as someone with $50,000.
Sharesies Mission: To make this generation the most financially involved in history. Starting with access to investing.