If you are a woman who works in tech and you have an interesting story to tell then it would be great to share it on this blog.
Why do this?
- You are a role model. Young women will look up to you. Sharing your story shows young women that it’s possible. “If she can, I can” is the quote I like.
- It gets your profile out there. You’re in good company with some amazing women.
- I greatly appreciate it and will do whatever I can to help you too.
What I’m looking for?
- One woman from every country
- Different backgrounds — tech, non-tech, early starters, late starters, leaders, quiet coders, hardware, software, entrepreneurial or part of big companies.
- Different paths — self-taught, post-grad, tech to founder, founder to tech.
What I want to know:
- How did you first get into tech? What or who was the instigator? Was it a parent, friend, teacher or something else?
- What do you do now? What do you love about it? What is hard?
- What is the difference of working with technology vs working with people?
- Did you face any big challenges getting into tech and how did you overcome them?
- What advice do you have for teenage girls interested in the world of tech?
If you’re interested, please connect with me on Linkedin.