A Review of the Modern Security Series
Wow, 2016 was a busy year over at Signal Sciences, we doubled the size of our team, helped dozens of major customers defend their web application stacks and we kicked off our Modern Security Series. Throughout 2016 we had industry leaders join the show and bring their stories about the latest and greatest in security and DevOps. As a welcome back to work, we have all the episodes listed below from the archives to help you find your favorites or discover something new.
Without further ado, here is the Modern Security Series from 2016:
- In April (our first show), Zane Lackey, Signal Sciences CSO and Founder, talked on on building a Modern Security Org.
Zane Lackey is the Founder/CSO at Signal Sciences and serves on the Advisory Boards of the Internet Bug Bounty Program…www.signalsciences.com
2. In May, Matt Tesauro brought a talk on a pipeline for appsec program that was wildly popular.
Webinar Recording: AppSec Pipelines - Taking the best of Agile, DevOps and CI/CD into your AppSec Program. Fill out the…www.signalsciences.com
3. Yep, Security and Kubernetes ( & docker) is a hot topic! Last June Matt Johansen demystified it for you.
In this presentation we'll go through those pitfalls, along with some huge security benefits that using such a fluid…www.signalsciences.com
4. One question we get often is how are WAFs and RASPs different. Our very own Tyler Shields broke it down last July.
This 30 minute "Lunch & Learn" webinar will be a crash course on application security use cases. Tyler will break down…www.signalsciences.com
5. The one and only, Shannon Lietz of DevSecOps fame did an excellent talk on CI/CD and the impact of safety and security in August.
Continuous delivery requires operational functions to shift left and for an iterative approach to be taken. Security…www.signalsciences.com
Auditd is a very useful feature on the linux kernel. We've written a golang-based open source alternative to the…www.signalsciences.com
7. October brought us Jim Manico straight from Hawaii to talk about the problems organizations face with DevOps and Security.
The DevOps gods rule the AppSec universe. However, like any form of human worship to divine entities, that worship is…www.signalsciences.com
8. Yes! Gene Kim came on the show in November and illuminated current DevOps work and where the industry is driving towards.
In this talk, I will share my top learnings while coauthoring this book with Jez Humble, Patrick Debois, and John…www.signalsciences.com
9. The Docker talk earlier in the year was so popular, we knew we had to bring Chenxi Wang (chenxi wang) to the show in December to show the security benefits of Docker.
In this talk we describe an approach to harden and isolate containerized applications via system call profiling. We…www.signalsciences.com
Well, 2016 was a busy year and 2017 is going to be even better. We look forward to traveling down the next 12 months together and we thank you so much for joining us.