Simple Steps to Customize Your Windows Terminal
Windows Terminal is a modern, fast, efficient, powerful, and productive terminal application for users of command-line tools and shells like Command Prompt, PowerShell, and WSL. Its main features include multiple tabs, panes, Unicode and UTF-8 character support, a GPU accelerated text rendering engine, and custom themes, styles, and configurations. Windows terminal was released on 6/21/2019.
On top of all of these useful features, you can also customize its looks to your taste.
So here are the 10 steps to customize your Windows terminal!
1. You can install the Windows terminal by going to the Windows Store and searching for “terminal” and download it there.
2. After installing the terminal, it should look like this.
3. To customize your terminal you can click the down arrow button and select settings.
4. After you click settings a new windows of your default text editor will appear something like this.
5. You can go to the list section and modify the color scheme.
The terminal has a default preset of color scheme such as “Campbell”, “Campbell Powershell”, “Vintage”, “One Half Dark”, “One Half Light”, “Tango Dark”, “Tango Light”.
6. You can also modify the color scheme by yourself.
You can do so by defining each color in the schemes section like this one. You can also be creative and create your own color schemes.
7. After changing the color scheme, your terminal will look like this.
8. To make it even nicer you can change the font face and font family.
9. For the last part I usually like to modify the background.
10. The final result will look like this.
It’s pretty simple to customize your Windows Terminal, if you use the terminal a lot like I do, these really make it easy on the eyes and will get you going for longer!