Call for Interns (Computer Vision Track, Available from 2020/04-)
At OMRON SINIC X Corporation, a research start-up located next to the University of Tokyo, Japan, we are looking for highly-motivated students eager to work with us on a variety of challenging problems, ranging from basic research to real-world applications connected to the future services and products of OMRON. Subsequent publications of your achievements in international conferences or journals are highly encouraged and supported after the internship period.
- Machine learning applied to 3D vision and low-level vision
- Human sensing (activity recognition, pose estimation, etc.)
- Cross-modal learning (vision and language, multimodal robot learning)
- Domain adaptation, meta learning, transfer learning
- Reinforcement learning / imitation learning applied to computer vision problems
- Federated learning, privacy-preserving computer vision and machine learning
- Experiences and strong interest in at least one of the topics shown above
- Experiences in deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Strong publication record in computer vision or machine learning conferences (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR, etc.)
- Excellent presentation and academic writing skills
- Knowledgeable about Git fundamentals, Linux, and Docker
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Expertise in relevant domains including but not limited to computer graphics, robotics, optimization, control systems, security and privacy, and HCI.
- Experience in machine learning competitions or competitive programming
- Contributions to open source software
This computer vision track will be available from 2020/04. Accepted interns will be offered a base salary of 200,000–400,000 JPY ($1,800–3,600 USD) or more per month (full-time). Residence (1 room studio with basic furniture and electricity), commuting fee, and a round-trip air ticket will be fully covered by the company. The start and end of the internship can be flexibly arranged for a period between 3 and 6 months. Please apply at least 3 months in advance.
Interested? Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV!