SIREN News July 2017
Welcome to SIREN news for July 2017 where you can catch up on all the action from the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity and latest news from across Dentsu Aegis Network.
- Tencent and Dentsu Aegis Network signed an exclusive strategic partnership at Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity.
- Dentsu Group won 28 Lions at Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity, including 12 awards for Dentsu Aegis Network.
- Dentsu Aegis welcomed Novus, a multi-platform content and brand publishing agency, to the network.
- iProspect launched 30x30, a global accelerator programme to educate & mentor female entrepreneurs.
New Business & Campaigns
- 360i Europe worked with TSB Bank using Facebook Live to dispense fun activities from the ‘Bank of Dad’.
- Dentsu Mitchell Australia won UNIQLO’s media remit as the retailer increases its focus on e-commerce and digital.
- Vizeum Norway won the global account for Hurtigruten, a leading cruise operator.
- Isobar Malaysia & Mudah, Malaysia’s largest e-marketplace, encouraged young people to get organised for Eid al-Fitr with ‘Goodbye to Good Buy’ campaign.
- manghamgaxiola mcgarrybowen won the creative account for Fidelity International, a fund management company.
- gyro US worked with Grant Thornton to launch its first US-wide campaign in eight years.
- Dentsu Aegis Network appointed first Global Data Protection Officer, Mark Keddie.
- Firstborn Senior Strategist Heather Beck featured in American Banker.
- The Story Lab Australia appointed Josh Butt as head of Program Formats & Development.
- Angela Kyle joined gyro as Head of New Business for the U.S.
- Michael Nederlof was appointed Vizeum Norway´s new Client Partner.
- Dentsu Mitchell promoted Sylvia Pickering to lead the VIC Government Team.
Awards & Events
- NBS’ Favelagrafia campaign won two Bronze Lions, one in Design, one in Entertainment, at Cannes Lions Festival.
- iProspect & Isobar partnered with DIAGEO at Cannes Lions to create a voice enabled bar experience using Alexa.
- iProspect Greece won Agency of the Year at the Peak Performance Marketing Awards 2017.
- Dentsu Aegis Network Russia topped RECMA’s quality ranking in the country.
- mcgarrybowen Hong Kong won Fastest Growing Agency of the Year at Marketing Magazine’s agency of the year awards.
- Dentsu Aegis APAC won Best Campaign for #1stWorldInternetPH at the Asia Pacific Excellence Awards for PR.
Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity
- Dentsu Aegis Network summarises the six key takeaways from Cannes Lions this year.
- #CannesLIVE Episode 2: Growth in the Digital Economy
- Nigel Morris, CEO DAN Americas & Group Strategy & Innovation, and Facebook’s Carolyn Everson hosted a session ‘How to Data’ shared as part of a series of Facebook Live broadcasts.
- Dentsu Aegis Network’s Roving Reporters captured the key events and panels at Cannes Lions 2017 plus exclusive interviews with leaders from across the network.
- Dentsu Aegis & the other largest advertising companies came together for the Common Future project at a three-day workshop hosted by YouTube, driving awareness & action among young people for the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- For the annual One Day For Change campaign, Dentsu Aegis Philippines held earthquake & flood coaching for children.
- Isobar Brazil & radio station 98FM created ‘Safety Bike Radio’ to help prevent cars from hitting cyclists.
In other news…
- Will Swayne, Carat President, spoke to Arabian Marketer about his optimism for the region.
- Posterscope Spain worked with Fanta & Shazam to bring AR to young people across the country for the first time.
- iProspect Austria became the first Searchmetrics Sapphire-partner in the country.