Opportunities for Women #27
Compiled by Ibukunoluwa Okusanya, Anthonia Abraham and Ummul-Khair Abdulrasheed
Hey sisters! Or should I say Blood Sisters 😂😂 (that movie is the bomb by the way!) Hope you all had a great public holiday filled with loads of rest, and hope you all loved the 3 day working week as well! Here’s our usual opportunities and resources curated with our love, just for YOU!
Jobs, Apprenticeships and Internships
Content Writers for Electric Lab
Electric Ride Lab is hiring a team of writers to create articles for Electricridelab.com
We’re looking for experienced electric rides enthusiasts with good knowledge to share, someone who has experience with one or more of the following: Electric cars, Renewable Energy, Smart Homes, Electric Bikes, Electric Scooters, Electric Unicycles, or Electric Skateboards.
We’re expanding our brand and we’d like your help to write fresh and well researched content so If you’re just a passionate hobbyist without experience in this industry, we still encourage you to apply.
If you’d like to get paid for your knowledge, and earn a little extra to pay for your hobby, then this is a great opportunity.
We pay up to $0.04 per word for high quality content, and our articles are all either 1,000, 2,000, or 3,000 words in length. Article lengths are assigned based on the topic, so you’ll know up-front how much you’ll be paid for your efforts.
Articles may be requested to be ghost written. For example, we may request that a writer create an article based on our opinions and experience with a particular product and publish it under another name however at our discretion, we can allow writers to have their bio appear on some of their articles so you can mention a social media profile in that bio if you choose to build up an audience over time.
All writers will be expected to produce at least three articles per month. It is critical that you not miss a publishing date, ever. Writers who miss a publishing date will be let go. For most freelance writers, three articles per month is perfect so they have plenty of time to work on it without being overwhelmed, but writers can almost always pick up additional articles to write if you’d like more work.
You understand and agree that all photos, videos, written content, and all other media submitted to Electricridelab.com becomes the exclusive property of Electricridelab.com and you do not have the right to republish that content on your own.
Deadline: Not Stated.
Creative Writer, Codva Creatives
We are looking to hire great talents as an intern to join our creative writing team. Individuals who will share our passion for technology, education, and equality. The creative writing intern will closely collaborate with Instructional Design Specialists to produce high impact, results-focused learning solutions.
Utilizing solid instructional design methodology through all phases of each project (including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation), the Instructional Design will focus on innovation, adaptability, and efficiency to create and/or update measurably effective deliverables.
Minimum Qualification: OND
Experience Level: Volunteer, Internship of a year
Deadline: Deadline Not Stated
Side Hustle 6.0
Since 2020, Side Hustle has trained over 200 thousand African youths in various fields across Engineering, Marketing, Product and Design. All Side Hustle Internship finalists will be awarded a soft skills certificate in addition to their Side Hustle Internship certificate of completion.
Learning is a wonderful experience, and learning from the best makes everything ten times easier. The Side Hustle Internship mentors and lead instructors are all here to make your Internship experience unforgettable.
Please note that this is a pre registration link for the next cohort. There’s no deadline.
Customer Success Associate at Kudi
As the Customer Success Associate, you will be the first contact our agents and users make with nomba. You will be responsible for ensuring that our agents/users have a seamless support experience over the phone, live chat and emails. This includes handling incoming issues and working with other teams to troubleshoot problems.
You will also serve as a feedback channel to the company by relaying their concerns and problems to the relevant teams so that we can fix the gaps.
The ideal candidate for this role should have:
- Strong command of written and verbal English.
- The ability to speak an indigenous Nigerian language is an added advantage.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 2 years previous customer service experience is a plus.
- Friendly and welcoming manner with clients and other members of the customer service team.
- Action-Oriented and should be able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes.
- Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) software programs.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear, simple manner to customers.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm and polite manner in stressful situations.
- Willingness to cooperate with customers and management to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Passion for delivering an amazing customer experience.
- Good time management skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
About the Position
- Provide seamless/personalized customer experience to our customers.
- Engage and build customer loyalty by delivering above-and-beyond hospitality via email, phone and other digital communications and any other functions as may be assigned by the supervisor/team lead.
- Interface with internal stakeholders to ensure an effective resolution process for customers/stakeholders.
- Maintain updated knowledge of the organization’s products, services, and customer service policies.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to help resolve issues with nomba support tools.
- Document customer interactions when necessary, compiling documents and forwarding information to interested parties.
- Explain simply and clearly in response to customer questions and check for customer understanding and acceptance.
- Recommend new services/solutions or make suggestions for improvements by identifying relevant features and benefits.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with customers by using positive language and anticipating their needs.
- Learn our product to configure the platform to meet the needs of new users.
- Provide platform training and onboarding for new and existing users.
- Develop and maintain an ideal user/customer profile and collect User feedback.
- Interface with other internal teams in order to help agents resolve their issues.
- Escalate issues that cannot be resolved on first call resolution(FCR) to the backend and follow up on a resolution.
Deadline: Not Stated
Executive Assistant at Prospa
We are looking for an Executive Assistant with deep experience supporting a CEO, COO, President, or senior C-level executive at a tech company going through significant growth.
What You’ll do
- Help the CEO prioritize and be efficient in comms
- Help the CEO hire people
- Proactively manage, assess, and predict the day-to-day needs of the CEO to ensure he is prepared for all meetings and events.
- Make recommendations for the CEO with regard to his time management, prioritization, delegation, and organization.
- Support the operations and culture of various Prospa teams.
- Contribute to team meetings and offsites by assisting with the production of materials and pre-reads, taking notes, and tracking action items.
- Partner with the CEO to track key project milestones as well as progress against personal, team, and company goals/targets.
- Establish new — and improve existing — administrative systems and processes.
- Assist with ad hoc projects, events, and travel arrangements as needed.
What Is Needed for The Role
- Incredibly organized, with superb attention to detail and a strong ability to execute.
- Excellent with time management and able to quickly shift tasks and priorities as needed.
- A knack for working across various roles and teams in a fast-paced, changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- To communicate, perform, and react well under pressure or ambiguity.
- Enjoy optimizing processes to make them more efficient.
- Adept at handling sensitive information and situations with care and confidence.
- Able to anticipate and respond to the needs of others before they arise.
- You have experience in a high-growth technology startup.
Some of our perks
- Competitive Salary
- Medical cover
- Wellness perks
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Work tools
Application Deadline: Not Stated
Digital Marketer at La Campaigne Beach Resort
We are searching for highly-creative digital marketers to join our marketing team. Your central goal is to help grow our brand’s influence locally and internationally while also increasing brand loyalty and awareness.
Your duties will include planning, implementing, and monitoring our digital marketing campaigns across all digital networks.
Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in marketing, art direction, and social media management. In addition to being an outstanding communicator, you will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Design and oversee all aspects of our digital marketing department including our marketing database, email, and display advertising campaigns
- Develop and monitor campaign budgets
- Plan and manage our social media platforms
- Prepare accurate reports on our marketing campaign’s overall performance
- Coordinate with advertising and media experts to improve marketing results
- Identify the latest trends and technologies affecting our industry
- Evaluate important metrics that affect our website traffic, service quotas, and target audience
- Work with the digital marketing team to brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies
- Oversee and manage all contests, giveaways, and other digital projects
- Write and dispatch email marketing campaigns
- Conduct keyword research and web statistics reporting
- Manage e-communications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant field
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a digital marketing or advertising position
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing.
Senior Associate, Public Health for Co-creation Hub
The senior associate will support the design and day-to-day management and implementation of public health projects and activities within the organization.
- Provide technical expertise and ensure appropriate support for the implementation of project activities in the public health practice.
- Analyze potential strategies and opportunities within the public health space and proffer appropriate solutions to address public health challenges toward improving health outcomes.
- Actively research new grants and projects to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities to advance the agenda of the public health practice.
- Drive knowledge development and management in the practice, including representing the organization in panels and presenting at external workshops, conferences, etc; contributing to the body of knowledge by authoring abstracts and publications for journals.
- Actively track project activities against the expected outputs and projected objectives.
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the ongoing project.
- Ensure regular updates of all relevant project management tools, including but not limited to implementation plans, budgets, deliverables templates, issue log, stakeholder list etc.
- Lead the process of producing regular project progress reports to both management and external stakeholders
- Represent the project externally with relevant partners and stakeholders.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities listed above are not exhaustive. Additional responsibilities may be assigned to the role holder, depending on their level of expertise and experience.
- A degree in Public Health, epidemiology, healthcare-related sciences or other relevant field is preferred, an advanced degree is an added advantage.
- 3+ years of experience with designing, managing, and implementing public health projects involving multiple stakeholders and implementing partners.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good understanding of the healthcare system in Nigeria and other regions in Africa
- Proficiency in grant sourcing and proposal writing
- Experience with digital health, health technology or related fields.
- Organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely (verbally and written) for a wide range of audiences (technical and nontechnical) with differing needs
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Collaborative work style and strong work ethic.
What we offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent
- A culture of learning and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and training
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people
- A chance to make a social difference
- Overall fun company.
Deadline: Not Stated
Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards
PhD Scholarship opportunity: Understanding nonresponse in surveys
Surveys are of the utmost importance for many research fields because they provide unique and crucial information: they measure the prevalence and distribution of attitudes, opinions and self-perceptions that cannot be measured in any other way.
Deadline: 15th May 2022
University of Kent Law School LLM Global Welcome Scholarship for Developing Countries’ Students 2022
The Law School has established a major fund to support overseas students from any country which receives Official Development Assistance (ODA) from the OECD who undertake a full-time, taught LLM at the Canterbury Campus of the University of Kent.
Deadline: November 20, 2022
University of Lincoln Africa Scholarship for African Students 2022
The Lincoln Africa Scholarship is aimed at supporting high-achieving postgraduate students from across Africa
Deadline: December 17, 2022
International Liver Cancer Association ILCA Africa Fellowship Program
LCA is ramping up efforts to alleviate Africa’s need for medical assistance. Although the African continent is one of the regions with a very high disease burden, clinical and scientific resources for diagnosing, treating, and researching liver cancer are very limited in most parts of this continent. ILCA recognises this immense clinical and scientific need and plans to develop a strategy to engage African organisations and healthcare professionals in the education and training activities of ILCA.
Deadline: June 3, 2022
Programs, Workshops and Conferences
The Data Science Fellowship Program
The Data Science Program is part of the Kaduna State Data Revolutionary Plan. aimed at strengthening the coordination in the collection and use of data for evidence-based decision making.
Deadline: May 20 2022
The LSETF Employability Support Program
The LSETF Employability Support Program is designed to help tackle unemployment scrooge among the youths by helping them gain knowledge and skills.
Deadline: Not stated
ICC Africa Conference on International Arbitration
ICC’s annual Africa conference “Arbitration in Africa: Expanding the Scope”, is the key forum for understanding international commercial arbitration in Africa. This conference provides an indispensable update on developments in the region and is becoming the most important gathering for the African arbitration community. Not only does it offer a line-up of top-class speakers, topical discussions and relevant news, but also an excellent opportunity to network.
Deadline: June 1–2, 2022
Lagos state employability support program
Digital Marketing training
The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) was established by The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund Law 2016 to provide financial support to residents of Lagos State, for job and wealth creation.
- Must be a resident of Lagos state
- Must be between 18–45 years
Deadline: Not Stated.
Business School Program by Cohort 6 in Partnership with Uk-Nigeria TechHub
This program supports female Nigerian entrepreneurs who are utilizing technology to build their businesses
Deadline: May 9, 2022
The Annual Lagos Studies Association Conference
Submissions that fall within and outside of the scope of the following subthemes are welcome.
- Carnivals and Artistic Consumption
- City Life
- Comedy: The Ethics and Business of Laughter
- Dancing to Victory
- Digital Technology and Social Media
- Dress and Fashion
- Education and Literacy
- Films and Nollywood
- Gender and Sexualities
- Global Art Commodification and the Restitution Movement
- Labor, Employment, and Entrepreneur
- Language, Literature, and Literary Culture
- Leisure and Pleasure
- Library and Information Science
- Museums in the Making of National and Transnational Identities
- Music: Religious and Secular
- Peace and Violence
- Performance, Theater, and Drama
- Popular Culture and Politics
- Posthuman and Cyberculture
- Religions and Spiritualities
- Social Protest and Popular Art
- The New Internet Stars: Viral Creativity and Digital Cultural Challenge
- Visual Art and Dialectics
- Youth Culture
Individual Submission: Individual proposals should include a 250-word abstract, a short bio, and the email and phone contacts of presenters. Please do not submit more than one abstract. Abstracts cannot have more than two presenters. You cannot present more than one paper, either solo or joint.
Group Submission: Panel, roundtable, and workshop proposals should comprise a 250-word summary, and the email and phone contacts of all panelists. Please email panel proposals to LSA at email@example.com
Submission Deadline: December 1, 2021. Notification of acceptance of abstracts by January 15, 2022.
Registration Fee: Local (N10,000); International ($100). Registration fee covers nine full meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) throughout the conference. Everyone listed on abstracts must pre-register by paying the registration fee after acceptance of abstract.
Theme: Everyday Life in Africa: Past and Present
Format: Hybrid (In person, University of Lagos and Virtual) June 21–25, 2022
Nigeria International Book Fair (NIBF)
The Nigeria Book Fair Trust has deemed it necessary to bring together all players in the creation of print, audio, and digital oils across the country at her annual book fair
Location: 4, Wilmot point Road, Victoria Island
Deadline: May 12–14, 2022
Call For Designers & Exhibitors for Africa Epic Show
The Epic show is a 3-day event that showcases and celebrates new and emerging fashion entrepreneurs in Africa
Fashion Finest Africa is a forward-looking Business oriented platform that brings together all the players in Fashion industry in a unique format designed to advance the business of fashion
Date: June 17–18, 2022
Time: 9am to 10pm
Location: Federal Palace hotel, Balmoral Convention
Youth Leadership Conference 4.0
We are excited to invite you to be part of the 2022 Youth leadership Conference- themed FINDING YOUR VOICE.
You will identify your deepest needs and wants. Learn ways to uplift and enrich you’re your life so you can successfully reach your goals and so on
Date: May 14, 2022
Location: 13/15 Kofo Abayomi Road, Victoria Island
Dollar investments that help you grow
We put your money in high quality assets that help you build wealth and achieve your financial goals.
We offer a tutorial on how to use Excel. Below you can find an overview of all chapters. We make Excel easy!
This is a site used for event management and promotion. It is a platform for selling tickets online.
Liked our opportunities and resources? Have any more for us? Drop it in the comments!
Anthonia Omonye Abraham
Anthonia Abraham is a final-year physiotherapy student with a bespoken history in volunteering within health, human rights, and content creation. Connect with Anthonia on LinkedIn.
Ibukunoluwa Okusanya is a content and lifestyle writer. She’s also a media and pop culture enthusiast. Her passion for media has driven her to gain experience in several entertainment companies. She’s interested in telling real-life stories cutting across all genres. Connect with Ibukun on Instagram.
Ummulkhair is a student of the University of Lagos studying Metallurgical and Materials Engineering. She is currently in her fourth year at the university.
Edited by Chiamaka Dike
Chiamaka Dike is a content writer, podcaster and a marketing and communications strategist. When she isn’t writing and managing communications for brands, you can catch her eating Jollof rice and watching Netflix. Connect with her on Instagram and Twitter.
Published by Yetunde Onafuye
Yetunde is a storyteller, podcaster, and a graduate student with interest in the social and political history of post-independence Africa. She’s also the co-lead editor at Sisterly HQ. In her free time, she reads and reviews books, engages in social volunteering, and watches tons of dramas and TV shows. Connect with Yetunde on LinkedIn and Instagram.