Opportunities for Women #31
Compiled by Anthonia Abraham and Ibukunoluwa Okusanya
Hey sis and welcome to another edition of Opportunities for Women!
If you look closely at today’s picture, you can see one color prominently stand out, and that’s red. According to the London Image Institute, red attracts the most attention and is associated with strong emotions, such as love, passion, and anger. It is the universal color to signify strength, power, courage, and danger.
Here at Sisterly HQ, we love the color red because it doesn’t show weakness. Also, it shows strength and power, something we believe that every girl, woman and sister can have with our opportunities! Read and be inspired!
Jobs, Apprenticeships and Internships
Digital Marketer at Spectrum Microfinance Bank Limited
Link: Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The ideal candidate must have a good B.Sc / MSc Degree in Marketing or a related field
- Must have 2 to 5 years of work experience.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Knowledge of video and picture editing software such as Adobe
- Ideal candidate for the positions must be smart, forward looking
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Deadline: July 5th
Customer Service / Admin Officer at Rubels & Angels
Link: Send CV as an email to email@example.com
Managing the restaurant’s day to day activities and serving with passion.
Candidates should possess a minimum of SSCE / NECO / GCE qualification.
1 – 2 years work experience.
- Must have a passion for culinary.
- Must possess exemplary leadership ability.
- Must be well versed in Microsoft Applications.
- Must be technologically savvy.
- Must be innovative and creative.
- Must be capable of working under pressure cooker situations.
- Must be a dynamic and broad minded.
- Must be a good communicator and capable of working without supervision.
- Must be dutiful and hardworking.
- Must understand basic accounting.
- Must reside in Benin City or be willing to relocate.
Deadline: May 31st
Marketing Intern at Kradot Group
Link: Send CV as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Help organize marketing events.
HND / B.Sc / B.A in Marketing or relevant discipline
1 – 10 years work experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent knowledge of MS Office
Passion for the marketing industry and its best practice.
Deadline: June 24th
Online Platform Manager (Remote) at Choice Talents NG
Link: Send CV as an email to email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Handle digital marketing responsibilities
- Ability to sign up affiliates members and vendors on the platform
- Ability to create content and run powerful ad campaigns (Facebook, Instagram & Google)
- Ability to market and drive sales using digital tools
- Candidates should possess a OND / HND / BSc qualification.
- 1 – 3 years digital marketing experience.
- Ability to prepare weekly activity report
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Deadline: June 30
Information Technology Officer at Addosser Microfinance Bank Limited
Link: Send CV as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Business Process optimization
- Systems & Solutions design implementation
- Assist in technical deployment of information management solutions
- Build Business Logic of Software
- Design, Test, and Develop Solutions to Meet User Needs
- Users Support on Software and Hardware Issues.
- Relevant Skills, Qualifications, Attributes & Experience
- OND in Computer Science or any other relevant course of study.
- 2 – 5 years of work experience.
- Excellent Analytical Skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent communication, reporting skills.
- Applicants must not be more than 25 years.
Deadline: June 3, 2022
Customer Service Representative at Focal Points Ventures
Link: Send your CV to email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Communicating with customers through various channels.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints.
- Knowing our products inside and out so that you can answer questions.
- Processing orders, forms, applications, and requests.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints.
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Managing a team of junior customer service representatives.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- High School Diploma, general education degree or equivalent.
- 2 – 5 years of work experience.
- Ability to stay calm when customers are stressed or upset.
- Comfortable using computers.
- Experience working with customer support.
Deadline: June 20
Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards
Chulalongkorn University Scholarship 2022 in Thailand | [Fully Funded]
Chulalongkorn University is one of the top universities in Thailand. The scholarship is available for masters and PhD programs. The University will cover the full tuition fee, round-trip ticket, monthly stipend, and accommodation.
Deadline: June 10, 2022.
NRF-MINDS Doctoral Scholarship 2023 for African Students
The programme will identify academically gifted African scholars from resource-challenged backgrounds to pursue postgraduate study in some of the best universities across the continent. Over a period of five years, MINDS will fund and support 45 Honours and Master’s scholars to study at African universities outside their country of origin, while the NRF will contribute funding for 50 Doctoral scholars from the rest of the continent based at South African universities.
Deadline: July 8, 2022
Future Academy Africa Tech Scholarship & Fellowship 2022 for Young Africans
Future Academy Africa is raising global technology leaders from Africa. Through our launchpad (incubation) and fellowship (acceleration) programs, talents are well prepared to join Global Companies across different sectors.
Deadline: Not specified
IFCN Education Scholarships 2022 for Young Clinical Neurophysiologists in Africa & Developing Countries
The International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology (IFCN) is pleased to announce the availability of education fellowships that will be awarded to support training in clinical neurophysiology for applicants without access to similar training in their home country. The maximum award for each fellowship will be $25,000 for one-year fellowships, with proportionately less for shorter fellowships.
Deadline: July 15, 2022
Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering 2023 – Call for Nominations
The QEPrize seeks nominations from the public that celebrate a wide variety of engineering innovations across all sectors of the profession, and breadth of nominators from all corners of the globe.
The only limitations are that self-nomination and posthumous nomination are not allowed.
Deadline: July 14, 2022
Africa Fact-Checking Awards 2022 for African Journalists
Entries are now open for the seventh annual African Fact-Checking Awards, the only awards programme that honours journalism by Africa-based media in the expanding field of fact-checking.
Deadline: 15th July 2022
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program allows highly motivated and competitive researchers to realize their full potential and develop their careers. Upon completion of their fellowships, Banting fellows will be well-positioned to contribute to the continued growth of Canada's research capacity and the country's economic and social prosperity.
Deadline: September 21, 2022
Programs, Workshops and Conferences
2-Day Online Summit for iOS developers
Offline events are gone for some time, but the tech world doesn't slow down. The iOS community needs the platform to share the latest updates and use cases to improve coding skills and get architectural insights. We aim to provide an online event for iOS developers from all over the world to share what's new in the domain.
Date: Oct 25 2022, 11:00 AM - Oct 26 2022, 9PM WAST
Created to help people overcome their fears and reach those big goals that push you outside of your comfort zone
Compassion isn’t always soft and gentle; sometimes it means being forceful and fierce.
Aptly billed as “your friendly guide to the world of grammar, punctuation, usage and fun developments in the English language,” Grammar Girl will set you straight when you’re feeling insecure about your use of a semicolon.
The hassle-free blogging platform for engineers, thought-leaders, and the dev community!
Have any new opportunities and resources? Then put them in the comments! We’d love to hear from you!
Anthonia Omonye Abraham
Anthonia Abraham is a final-year physiotherapy student with a bespoken history in volunteering within health, human rights, and content creation. Connect with Anthonia on LinkedIn.
Ibukunoluwa Okusanya is a content and lifestyle writer. She’s also a media and pop culture enthusiast. Her passion for media has driven her to gain experience in several entertainment companies. She’s interested in telling real-life stories cutting across all genres. Connect with Ibukun on Instagram.
Edited by Chiamaka Dike
Chiamaka Dike is a content writer, podcaster and a marketing and communications strategist. When she isn’t writing and managing communications for brands, you can catch her eating Jollof rice and watching Netflix. Connect with her on Instagram and Twitter.
Published by Akinsipe Temitope
Temitope is a young storyteller who thinks all stories are worth telling. She loves to inspire people to do what they love and follow their passions, tell their stories, and live in the present moment. Connect with Temitope on Instagram, and Twitter.