10 inadvertently funny mentions of sperm in Moby-Dick
Would that I could keep squeezing that sperm for ever!
- Oh, won’t ye pull for your duff, my lads — such a sog! such a sogger! Don’t ye love sperm?
2. There’s hogsheads of sperm ahead, Mr. Stubb, and that’s what ye came for!
3. (Pull, my boys!) Sperm, sperm’s the play!
4. Hurrah for the gold cup of sperm oil, my heroes!
5. No wonder that in old times this sperm was such a favourite cosmetic.
6. … I forgot all about our horrible oath; in that inexpressible sperm, I washed my hands and my heart of it; I almost began to credit the old Paracelsan superstition that sperm is of rare virtue in allaying the heat of anger …
7. Would that I could keep squeezing that sperm for ever!
8. Squeeze! squeeze! squeeze! all the morning long; I squeezed that sperm till I myself almost melted into it; I squeezed that sperm till a strange sort of insanity came over me …
9. Let us squeeze ourselves universally into the very milk and sperm of kindness.
10. … indeed everything was filled with sperm, except the captain’s pantaloons pockets …