10 Guaranteed Epiphanies You’ll Have While Working From Home
If you’re new to working from home because of the coronavirus, welcome to the club!
Working from home is a privilege and an honor.
Here are the exciting things you’ll discover about yourself and the world around you while working from home:
1. Birds are beautiful, and there are so many species of birds, and you never realized how incredible birds are and how they sing to you and sing to the world and they’re so full of joy and one day you’ll die and you won’t hear these sweet birds anymore
2. Your indoor plants are indeed your babies, and they deserve attention and love-filled stares
3. Your cat is an ancient god, and you’re fortunate she has chosen to bestow her presence in your home
4. Regular bathing is just something the oligarchs made up to keep workers in control — you are now free of this
5. Getting out of your pajamas and putting on clothes is a social construct born out of the patriarchy. Same with pants. Which white dude made clothing with a tight band that goes around your waist?
6. The light from outside, it’s so incredibly bright, just like your dreams 20 years ago
7. If you turn a Lay’s chip bag inside out and point it towards the sun, there’s a slight chance you can get your vitamin D for the day
8. The human race is a failed race, as seen by your neighbor Madison who walks and talks with her speaker phone on and doesn’t pick up after her dog, Addison
9. There is a smudge on your ceiling that you *could* clean, but you never will because it represents the dark void of mortality that looms over all of us
10. Now is the perfect time to finish that children’s book about a cat who was once an ancient god and now lives in a plant-filled studio in Brooklyn