Quiz: Corporate Team Building Exercise or Triwizard Tournament Challenge?
“A business is as much about the innovation, drive, and determination of the people behind it as the product they sell.” — Elon Musk
“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living.” — Albus Dumbledore
1. The Trust Fall: Stand on the precipice. Close your eyes, lean back, and fall. Trust is a virtue.
2. The Goblet of Fire: Submit your name to the goblet of mysterious green flame. If chosen, you stand alone. There is no going back.
3. The Tower of Cups: Gather before the red cups. Wield the Five-Legged Octopus (five strings tied to a rubber band). Together, pull the strings and stretch the band around each cup. Moving them one by one, assemble the tower.
4. The Fallen Egg: Behold the egg. You are its Guardian. By whatever means necessary, construct a protective apparatus. Then, drop it off the roof. Victory to the Guardian of the Uncracked Egg!
5. The Dragon: Close your eyes and reach into the sack. You have chosen the facsimile of your dragon. Now, face the dragon. It guards a golden egg. Obtain it. Obtain the egg.
6. The Human Knot: Now gather in a circle; grasp the forearms of your brethren. Be the knot; become the knot. Then, relinquish your bondage — but do not release your grasp. Never let go. Never.
7. The Golden Egg: Behold! The egg.
8. The Flying Carpet: You have assembled atop the flying carpet — otherwise known as a “regular carpet.” Together, work as one: use only your feet to reveal the carpet’s alternate side. But do not step off the carpet. It is forbidden.
9. The Black Lake: You have but a single hour. Assemble at the shore. Plunge into the depths of Black Lake. Reclaim what has been taken, that which is sorely missed.
10. The Field of Mines: Split into pairs. The Wanderer dons the blindfold; the Seer is the guide. A field is lined with mines — commonly known as “red plastic cups.” The Wanderer is as a Pawn in the game of Chess, moving one pace at a time. Listen to the words of the Seer; she is your eyes. Together, cross the field.
11. The Maze: Traverse the maze. Survive the maze. It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.
Corporate team building exercise: 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10
Triwizard Cup Tournament: 2, 5, 7, 9, 11