Resources For Writers
- Hyoom (Slackjaw Editor Alex Baia’s Humor Newsletter) - Alex will send you occasional written amusement, plus a few of his favorite Slackjaw pieces, once a month. You get the Ultimate Humor Writing Cheatsheet when you join!
- A Newsletter of Humorous Writing — From the hosts of New York’s celebrated show, An Evening of Humorous Readings. Luke and James round up some of the best humor writing on the web. Don’t miss this weekly delight!
- Satire and Humor Festival - The Satire and Humor Festival is a twice-a-year festival and a year-round humor writing community. Stay in the loop!
- Scott Dikker’s How To Write Funny — Scott is the founding editor of The Onion, was The Onion’s owner and editor-in-chief for much of the last quarter-century, and is the #1 New York Times best-selling (co-)author of Our Dumb Century and How to Write Funny. This is Scott’s signature course on comedy writing. If you are looking for a comprehensive humor writing education, this is it!
- Scott Dikker’s Comedy Business School — How to make comedy writing your paying career! A deep, challenging course and curriculum for those looking to go pro, taught by arguably the best guy in the world to show you the ropes.
- Second City’s Writing Satire for the Internet - In this four-week online writing course, you will learn the nuts and bolts of the short, premise-driven funny satire piece. For those looking to level-up their writing and meet other like-minded collaborators, this is the ticket. (Slackjaw Exclusive! Use code “JAWSOME” to grab a 10% discount on this class or many other Second City online classes).
More Resources to Come
We will add more great resources as we think of them.