The Slackjaw Humor Writing Challenge was a 30-day comedy writing challenge extravaganza, open to all. After reading and re-reading the 482 entries, our panel of judges has reached a consensus.
Here they are: the winners. Thanks to all who completed the Challenge. We had a blast reading!
- (First Place) We Are ZIPIT™ Convertible Pants, And This Is Our Application To Become The Official Convertible Pants Of The Chicago Cubs by Tracy Silagi
- (Second Place) Frequently Asked Questions About 4% Jazz, The World’s Only Radio Station That Plays 4% Jazz by Allie Rubin
- (Third Place) What To Do If You Encounter A Coyote — Namely, Longtime Ken Burns Film Narrator Peter Coyote by Graeme Carey
- I’m Sorry Your Nana ‘Dyed’ In A ‘Comma’ — Feedback On Your Grade 6 Creative Writing Essay by Colleen Landry
- The Video Of The Incident At Yankee Candle Does Not Define Me by Tyler Gooch
- Self-Doubt: What It Is, How To Overcome It, And Oh God, Am I Sure I Should Be A Self-Help Author? by Nick DiMaso
- I’m The Guy In The Photos Wearing A Bee Beard by Bev Potter
- A Complete List Of ‘Yo Mama’ Jokes From The Sitcom “Frasier” by Mark Novotny
- Our Family’s Swimsuits Were Designed By World-Famous Architect Frank Gehry, And Innovation Is Worth Some Discomfort by Audrey Burges
- QUIZ: Is This A Quote From My 5-Year-Old Or An Old Timey Expression That Fell Out Of Style? by Alice H. Lahoda
Starting May 17, we will also be publishing 10 honorable mentions that we loved.