Submission Guidelines For ‘R.E.M.’s Friday, June 23, 1995 Concert At Madison Square Garden’ Magazine
Submissions must be unique and well organized, just like the band’s setlist on June 23, 1995 at Madison Square Garden.
Here at ‘R.E.M.’s Friday, June 23, 1995 Concert At Madison Square Garden’ Magazine, we publish articles about R.E.M.’s Friday, June 23, 1995 concert at Madison Square Garden.
Please keep your submissions light and family-friendly, no vulgarity, no advertising, no lists, no fiction. We accept only real, non-fiction, first-hand recounting of your life experiences as they pertain to R.E.M.’s Friday, June 23, 1995 concert at Madison Square Garden.
We are interested in any and all minutiae about the concert itself, from the first chords of ‘I Took Your Name’ to the final frenzy of ‘It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)’.
We want to know:
- How you felt the moment you woke up alone the morning of June 23, 1995 and thought, ‘I’m going to an R.E.M. concert tonight. At Madison Square Garden.’
- Whether you carried your ticket in your wallet, your pocket, or a money belt hidden under your tour shirt.
- Which tour shirt you wore to the concert and which one you bought at the concert.
- When your concert neighbor asked you not to sing along so loudly during ‘Losing My Religion,’ if you punched him in the face and kept singing along as loudly as you goddamned pleased, like I did.
- If you studied Michael Stipe’s dance moves so you could replicate them at the next wedding you attended.
- When the concert ended, whether you cried or sobbed.
- Among the many guests at the after-party was MTV News personality and pixie goddess Tabitha Soren: if you had summoned up the courage to talk to her at the party, do you think she would have married you instead of Moneyball author Michael Lewis?
- If you shook Mike Mills’ hand at the after-party like I did, how would you describe the rush of validity? Was…