For the last month, many of you have been asking us about our token metrics. With the upcoming token sale in mind, we’re finally happy to share the Tokenomics of the SMARTCREDIT Token with our community.
Total amount: 25 000 000
10% of the total supply (2 500 000 tokens) are unlocked, the other 90% (22 500 000 tokens) are time-locked with OpenZeppelin contracts and will be released 1/4 (in equal parts) in years 2, 3, 4, and 5.
– Public pre-sale: 1 250 000 SMARTCREDIT (5%). Fully unlocked during the sale and afterward.
– Team: 2 500 000 SMARTCREDIT (10%). These tokens are time-locked; initial team tokens will be allocated in 12 months from the pre-sale (1/4 of the allocation). The project can extend the lockup periods.
– Liquidity provision: 5 000 000 SMARTCREDIT (20%). Most of it is time-locked. This allocation will go to the Uniswap liquidity pool or a market-making deposit (if we decide to list on CEXs in the future).
– Reserve and Insurance fund: 3 750 000 SMARTCREDIT (15%). Reserve & Insurance fund is used to sell the tokens (for further project financing) or covers unexpected events. These tokens are time-locked, which means the earliest reserve tokens will be released in 12 months from the pre-sale (1/4 of the allocation). The project can extend the lockup periods.
– Liquidity mining: 10 000 000 SMARTCREDIT (40%). All of these tokens are time-locked. Liquidity mining will be available for the platform users and the partners, which will integrate our lending platform and generate volume on our platform. The exact formula for liquidity mining derives from the real volume on our platform.
– Marketing: 2 500 000 SMARTCREDIT (10%). Most of it is time-locked. It will be spent rationally on future promotional activities.
Yearly Token Unlocking / Locking Event
At the moment:
- 10% of tokens are unlocked
- 90% of tokens are time-locked
Every year, end of October / beginning of November, we will have the unlocking/locking event:
- OpenZeppelin contracts will release the next batch of tokens.
- The project will carefully evaluate how much additional supply is required for the upcoming 12 months. All other tokens will be locked again for four years via the OpenZeppelin contracts.
- We will repeat this procedure every year.
- Currently, the project is locked the supply for the years 2, 3, 4 and 5
- This mechanism allows locking the supply for the years 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, etc.
Yearly token supply increase consists of:
- Team tokens
- Marketing tokens
- Token rewards for the borrowers
- Token rewards for the lenders
- Token rewards for the integrators
- Staking rewards for the holders
Team tokens allocation
- In the first 12 months after the token creation, the team will have 0 tokens. This aligns the interests of the team with the holders.
- In every unlocking / locking event, we will assign 10% of the circulating supply tokens to the team
- This means team tokens will always be paid out with a delay of 12 months every year
For example, the end of October, beginning November 2021 is the first unlocking event:
- Hypothetical circulating supply by then could be 1'350'000 SMARTCREDIT (see current supply in: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/smartcredit-token)
- Team will receive 1'350'000 / 0.9 * 10% = 150'000 SMARTCREDIT tokens (10% of circulating supply)
And another example, hypothetically, for November 2022:
- Hypothetical circulating by then 2'000'000 SMARTCREDIT
- The supply increase from the last unlocking / locking event was 2'000'000 — (1'350'000 + 150'000) = 500'000 tokens.
- The team will receive 10%, which is 500'000 / 0.9 * 10% = 55'555 tokens
Team token allocation will be done every year together with the unlocking / locking event.
- SmartCredit.io Application
- SmartCredit.io introduces DeFi Fixed Income Funds
- Yield Farming with Fixed-Term-Loans via SmartCredit.io
- Potential of Fixed-Term-Loans in Bearish Market via SmartCredit.io
- Potential of Fixed-Term-Loans in Bullish Market via SmartCredit.io