First of all we want to thank our community for their patience and believing in our project through thick and thin.
The feedback and testing on our test-net dapp proved invaluable to our efforts moving forward.
We are proud to announce that our main-net development is well underway and we have been hard at work ensuring all of our contributors have access to the Smoke Network main-net and network as planned.
Our development and marketing focus over the past few months, since the end of our ICO, has taken us through many major hurdles including the following:
- Major security overhaul of our test-net code and network
- Complete reworking of our backend infrastructure, including a RESTful API and blockchain follower for blazing fast blockchain queries
- Prioritization of launch of a standalone Smoke account creation tool and a web wallet for ICO and Airdrop participants to store and interact with their main-net Smoke securely as soon as possible shortly after our main network has launched
- Major planning and improvements on the final Smoke Network social platform design and user experience
- Major outreach to leading cannabis brands and influencers in preparation for our main-net live launch
Once again, we would like to thank the Smoke Network community for your patience and dedication, as well as participation in the Airdrop, ICO and test-net dapp, as we continue work on a platform that we hope the entire community will be proud of for years to come.
We will be keeping the community up to date with our networks development as we get closer to main-net launch. Some things you may have noticed:
- We have taken the test-net down as we prepare for our main-net launch. Once again, we would like to thank the community as testing has proven invaluable as we harden our security and prepare for the live production chain.
- The claim date in the ICO dashboard for on chain SMOKE has been moved back to August 31st. While we hope to have the main-net launched by then, this date is preliminary and subject to change accordingly.
- We have created private repositories for our wallet and other internal applications. These applications will be released under an open source license once we feel that they have been thoroughly tested and audited.
Although we feel a huge amount of pressure to launch as soon as possible, we also believe in doing things right the first time. All of us at Smoke Network are working around the clock to ensure that our main-net launch goes as smoothly as possible. With a huge focus on stability and security of the network we aim to ensure all participants SMOKE is kept safely and securely so that our network suffers no major hurdles in future.
We look forward to providing more updates in the weeks to come as we get closer to the imminent Smoke blockchain launch!
Smoke Network CEO and Founder