From day one of development, we’ve wanted to develop a bot that would not only be the best at doing what it’s made to do, but do it efficiently and fast, while at the same time being user friendly. The bot was originally built in the Node.js library. In this major update, the 3rd of its’ kind and one of many to hopefully come, we have said goodbye to Node.js and moved to the C# language. With this, we’ve implemented many new requested features, along with a few ones that we thought would fit SnailBot well. With Node, there were many bugs and issues, and we hope that many of those have now been fixed.
SnailBot still does the job well, and hopefully even better now! If you have questions regarding commands, setup, this update or the bot itself, please join our Discord server below.
Welcome to Major Update 3 for SnailBot! We hope you enjoy.
New Features / Commands
- Now developed in C# Programming Language
- Role Mentions for news posting (HIGHLY requested feature)
- Custom commands
- Custom Embed creation
- Poll creation with reaction voting
- Re-designed feedback command
- List feed command
- SnailBot now supports Steam Games
- New icon!
Changes to existing features
- All setups for features, such as automated news, are now done via a step-by-step process to eliminate confusion. Upon running a base command (such as +enablefeed), you will be prompted to go through a setup process which will, in turn, do most of the work for you.
- News is now gathered from https://warthunder.com/ and https://crossout.net/ by News ID, and not by the name of the article itself. Before, we gathered the article name, which caused minor differences to trigger a new posting of the exact same news. (See Bug Fixes)
- Create webhook command has been removed.
- Information displayed on some information commands, like botstats, about and serverinfo, have been tweaked.
- An issue where images would not show on some news posts (mostly Crossout news) has been fixed.
- An issue which would cause news to be posted twice has been fixed.
- Enlisted feed now works as expected… (we told you it was a beta)
This changelog is current as of 11/2/18. These changes reflect on the SnailBot Discord Bot.