Social Media in the Middle East: The Story of 2014 #FBF
Earlier in the year I produced my third annual round-up of social media developments in the Middle East. There continues to be a strong interest in the fast-moving social media scene in the Middle East.
— Damian Radcliffe (@damianradcliffe) January 11, 2015
I’m delighted to see that this study continues to enjoy a strong pick-up, with just under five thousand views on Scribd, SlideShare and Academia.edu, as well as downloads direct from my website and citations in a number of recent reports and media sources. These include:
- Deloitte: Technology, Media & Telecommunications Predictions 2015 Middle East
- GSMA: The Mobile Economy, Arab States 2015
- BBC Media Action: After the Arab uprisings: the prospects for a media that serves the public’
- Media Impact funders: Social Media in the Middle East: The Story of 2014
- REDEF and Media Redef‘s 15th July 2015 daily bulletin
I’m looking forward to working on the 2015 edition in the coming months, which will be published in January 2016. As ever, there’s lots of interesting developments to share.
In the meantime, if you’ve not read the original report for 2014, I’ve reposted this below, as well as links to a few articles where I highlighted some of the key findings. I hope you will continue to find this valuable and/or of interest.
Originally published at damianradcliffe.wordpress.com on November 6, 2015.