Tabler of the Week: Will Monteith
Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: William Monteith
Tabler Since: 1/22/2016
Hails From: Vestal, NY (V-Town)
Proud Alumni Of: SUNY Geneseo
What is your role at Social Tables? Customer Success Manager
[caption id=”attachment_1949" align=”aligncenter” width=”573"]
And apparent parrot wrangler![/caption]
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? I was everything TED Talks before coming here, Founder/Director of TEDxFlourCity and consultant for corporate TEDx events. I founded Enso Curation for the consulting side of things, but doesn’t mean I don’t still get misty eyed thinking about the ol’ bartending days overseas.
What do you like to do outside of work? Travel. I lived in Australia for a year because, well, why not and have all the portfolio photos from Machu Picchu, Paris, Thailand, etc. Locally, I can’t get enough podcasts, trying to get more books, and looking to rekindle bouldering but not sure where to start in DC.
[caption id=”attachment_1951" align=”aligncenter” width=”544"]
This is Will being adventurous in Thailand![/caption]
Talk about your favorite Core Value: Always Honest + Be Outrageous = Bringing your genuine self to work every day. Having constructive conversations and finding ways to augment individual weirdness to create an inclusive culture.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: STConf
What makes you weird? My friends and I make goofy bets with ridiculous stakes. I’m 5 months into a 12 month payout of taking a photo every day to send to 4 people. (That’s 157 photos so far.) Never bet against love, kids. Some of the photos are listed below, from “Where’s William Wednesdays” to “Monument Mondays” we’re having fun with it at ST.
[gallery ids=”1958,1959,1960,1961,1962,1963,1964,1965,1957,1952" type=”slideshow”]
I may also have to wear red shoes once a month for 10 years, run for president in 2024, or write a 1-page synopsis of each episode of the first season of Welcome Back, Kotter, but that depends on how long the current Pope reigns, who becomes the next Supreme Court Justice, and whether World Cup 2022 is moved from Qatar.
Cheers from Peers:
- Thanks for being a great teammate! :)
- Thanks for your focus in to making sure JW Marriott SA gets off to the right start!
- Shoutout for fantastic inter-departmental communication through chatter on the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort/Spa to drive results and change for our business and our company!!
- Congrats on Los Serranos! If I could, I’d send him and his trusty assistant a Cheers too!
- Thanks for Cmd+Shift+T, my new favorite keyboard shortcut
- Great job troubleshooting with [customer]… he’s lucky to have you lookin’ out for The Serranos.
- Super belated- but cheers to you taking on Social Tables as a Sales Tool! I can’t believe how much your training style has grown since I was training you on VM1 when you first started. I’m glad we were able to work together on this!
- Great use of town hall to share feedback from customers! CS kicks ass and the company needs to know
- Cheers for a great job help Goldman Sachs through their Japan event. That was a tough and interesting first test for us on one of our flagship corporate accounts. I quite happy with how it all turned out, glad to be partnering with you!
- Thank you for all your help this week! You’re amazing!
- Thank you for your sterling patience with Agnus. I think we’ve built a business case for ST drones and set Angus up for success forever.
- Thanks for being my CS liaison! :)
- Your attention to the needs and concerns of your clients is impeccable. And your standing mat is an wonderful addition to the desk-cluster.
- THANK YOU for helping me clean up some of the venetian layouts. 1,085 rooms is a daunting task and I really really really appreciate your contribution!