Social Snapshot — 12.07.16
It’s hump day which means we are that much closer to the weekend. We are also that much closer to 2017. We’ve seen so much innovation in 2016 that I am truly excited to see what next year has in store.
Also, I stumbled across a truly dope content creator on Instagram who takes photos and turns them into 3D renderings. Of course, since more people have discovered him he is now charging (and rightfully so) for his services. I’ll probably try it out myself. Check out Lance’s work here!
- Facebook Top Tech Place to Work in 2017: Facebook ranks as the top place to work in 2017 for those in the tech industry. It also ranked as the second place to work overall in the United States. (Mashable)
- Posts on Facebook Have Higher Reach With…: A study by Keywee found that organic posts with a higher number of words saw a higher reach and engagement as they were more likely to be seen in the News Feed. This hasn’t been verified by Facebook just yet but it is definitely worth testing for your brand. (Social Times)
- Facebook Using AI to Flag Offensive Videos: Facebook is going to be using AI to better moderate video content, with a focus on Facebook Live, on its platform. It’s still in the early stages, but it is something the company is committed to rolling out in the future. (WeRSM)
- Instagram Steps Up Against Hate Speech: Following in the footsteps of social networks like Facebook, YouTube & Twitter, Instagram is taking a stronger stance against hate speech. Users with private accounts will be able to remove followers without having to block them, report users that they feel are a threat to themselves, and like individual comments in an effort to promote positivity. (Instagram)
- LinkedIn Adds Conversation Starters: Ever had a writer’s block when messaging someone? Well, LinkedIn is aiming to help solve the issue while promoting usage of its messaging feature. Check out the video below! (Social Media Today)
- 37 Free Social Media Online Classes: Buffer rolled out a nice list of some online classes (that are free) to help up your social media game. (Buffer)
- 6 Tools to Helps Social Media Influencer Campaigns: Search Engine Watch rolled out a list of six tools that can help marketers with their influencer campaigns. (Search Engine Watch)
- Top 10 Social Media Apps: GetApps ranked their top 10 social media marketing tools in 2016. (Tint)