What’s Good in Social — 03.13.18
Work-life balance is something that is researched, talked about, debated over, and there are a ton of memes out there that reflect what you could/should/would’ve been doing. However, I love this chart because I literally do a couple of the above (which best believe I’m cutting off now).
Luckily I love what I do so let’s go ahead and jump into today’s issue of What’s Good in Social.
- Time’s Up Advertising: More than 180 female execs from across many agencies such as DDB Worldwide, Wendy Clark, Wieden+Kennedy, R/GA, BBDO and more came together to address sexual harassment and systematic inequality in the workplace. (TimesUpAdvertising)
- SXSW: The South by Southwest conference is taking place in Austin until March 18th. While I’m anxiously awaiting updates, I can’t lie and say I don’t wish I was there. It’s like nerds + tech + music + culture colliding in one place. (SXSW)
- The Dog-Man: This dog has a human face and it’s hilarious. That’s really all I wanted. No insight here, just hilarity. (BuzzFeed)
- Boost for Influencers: The new changes to Facebook’s algorithm means less viewability for brands, but more for influencers. Can’t say this is what I expected when I kept telling everyone this was the era for influencers. But, I will gladly tell a couple people — I told you so. (Forbes)
- MLB Live Streaming Deal: Facebook and the MLB have signed a deal that will allow Facebook to live stream 25 games starting in April. Great…now baseball can always be showing not just on TV, but my social pages too. (Bloomberg)
- Giphy Feature Disabled: Instagram (and Snap) disabled the new feature that allowed users to insert gifs into their posts due to racist options appearing. One word — yikes! (Hot New Hip Hop)
- You Get a Badge, You Get a Badge…: Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey announced that soon any user will be able to get “verified” on Twitter. I’m ready for my rap lyric post once I get my blue check. Just wait on it! (Washington Post)
- Stories Tests Swapping Backgrounds: Now, this is pretty d*mn dope. Especially if done right. YouTube is testing the ability for users to swap their backgrounds without the use of a green screen via Stories. (WeRSM)
- Better Insights for YouTube Studio: YouTube rolled out three new metrics to help creators — impressions, impressions click-through rate, and unique viewers. You would think these would have rolled out long ago. (YouTube Creator Blog)
COOL A$$ APPS
- Agenda: A note-taking app that is centered around dates. Thinking I’m going to try it out for some of the projects I have coming up. (WeRSM)