Are You Eligible for Society 4.0 Citizenship?
The stringent requirements, responsibilities and rights of Society 4.0 citizens
To be eligible to become a citizen of Society 4.0, you must meet all conditions, including:
- You must be human;
- You must be able to communicate in the language of your choice;
- You must demonstrate an ability to self-govern;
- You must have owned and operated a Self-Sovereign Identity and Personal Data Vault* for at least 3 years, and;
- You must be alive.
*Note that Self-Sovereign Identities and Personal Data Vaults do not yet exist, but are currently being developed. You can read about The Path to Self-Sovereign Identity and The Personal Data Economy to prepare yourself. Explore platforms currently in development at Project 2030 — SIV.
We are creating a quick quiz which will determine how ready you might be for Society 4.0 citizenship. In the interim you can self-assess your readiness by rating yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 on each of the following questions or statements:
- How easily are you able to exercise control over yourself? (An indication might be how many bad habits you have or how many substances you are addicted to.)
- How strong is your internal obligation to do the right thing, even when no one is looking?
- Rate your level of self-reliance (the ability to depend on yourself to get things done and to meet your own needs).
- Rate your level of self-discipline (the ability to control your feelings and overcome your weaknesses).
- Rate your level of self-improvement (the ability to make yourself better in your career, education, relationships, health, happiness, productivity, spirituality, and other personal goals, by your own efforts and direction).
- To what extent do you feel connected to nature?
- To what extent do you adhere to a particular religion (any religion)?
- How capable are you of doing what feels good and natural for yourself simply because that’s how you feel?
- To what extent are you focused on problems outside of yourself: others, society and the planet?
- To what extent do you have a feeling for all of humanity? Are you aware and sensitive to the people around you?
- To what extent do you enjoy humour? Do you like to laugh and joke, but not at the expense of others? Are you generally seen as good-natured, even though you are capable of being very serious?
- How creative are you, expressed by writing, speaking, playing, fantasies, cooking, painting, singing and a range of many other dimensions?
- Rate your personal wealth where less than $10k scores 10, $1m scores 5 and $10m or more scores 1. (Scoring is reversed, because if you’re successful in Society 3.0, it’s unlikely you’ll be successful in Society 4.0).
- How active are you in your local community?
- What reputation do you have?
- How much do you think your personal data is worth per year? Unknown is 1, less than $10k is 2, $100k is 5 and $1m or more is 10.
- How willing are you to own and take responsibility of your personal data? (Would you be willing to download all your data from all your social media accounts and store it privately?)
- How willing are you to make all your data available, under strictly controlled circumstances?
- How willing are you to let computers make decisions for you based on your personal data?
- How much cryptocurrency do you own? None is 1, less than $10k is 2, $100k is 5 and $1m or more is 10.
If your average score is 6 or higher, you’re ready for Society 4.0! Any lower than that and you’ll have some homework to do. You can start by reading Postcards From 2035:
Want to take the quiz when it’s available?
The quiz, once completed, will tell you how likely it is that you would enjoy living in a Society 4.0 community, and you’ll get updates on the slow and steady march towards Society 4.0: