Welcome to sofi stories! We’re a brand new publication (and plant-based startup), and we’d love nothing more than to connect with you.
My name is Alexandra, I’m the content writer here at sofi, and a lover of all things Medium. We’ve decided to launch our very own publication on this platform in an effort to better explore the relationship between people and plants from all sorts of different perspectives.
At sofi, we don’t believe you should have to be a botanist to get the most out of plants, and we’re interested in fostering a community dedicated to transforming our understanding of plants — sharing experiences, insights, and answers with one another as we go.
You might ask:
What kind of stories is sofi looking for?
Well (since you asked), sofi was created by a team of doctors, scientists and medical herbalists from all over the world with a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We each bring our own perspectives and opinions to the sofi team — but we figured that just sharing the wisdom from our internal crew is no place to stop!
We want to hear from you! With this in mind, there are a few different types of submissions we’d love to receive:
- Personal stories — sofi champions plant based medicine, natural healing and a personalised approach to health, and our explicit focus is on solving sleeplessness, anxiety, and fatigue. Have you experienced any of these and found that a particular plant remedy helped? Do you know first-hand the difficulties of finding both safe and effective solutions via a mainstream approach to health? Share your story here.
- Research pieces — At sofi, we share the belief that by creating a discussion that revolves around all types of scientific investigation, and by working out the differences within and between them, we just might uncover some new and impactful truths. Recently come across some research findings you’d like to share in an accessible and objective way? Submit to us here!
- Evidenced opinions — like we said earlier on, sofi is about exploration and reconnection to nature for the sake of individual health and well-being. If you have an opinion you think might be beneficial for others to hear, then feel free to submit it here. While the acceptance of submissions remains entirely at our discretion, we’re certainly not afraid of some friendly debate!
There are a fair few subjects that we feel sofi truly lies at the intersection of. These subjects include, but are not limited to:
- plant-based medicine
- botany and ethnobotany
- healthcare (alternative or mainstream)
- the struggle with sleeplessness/insomnia
- solutions for anxiety and fatigue
- culture and tradition
- health and wellness
If you’re wondering whether or not a particular topic would be a great fit sofi stories, then just ask! We’re here to help, not to hinder.
For the time being, sofi stories is only looking to accept unpublished drafts, as it gives the sofi community a chance to Pioneer (we use this word alot, you’ll see!) important discussions revolving around the insights of your piece.
Aside from abiding by Medium formatting guidelines, we also ask for your submissions to have a positive, constructive tone. The mission to reconnect people and plants is an exciting one, and we want our readers and authors to feel the same.
Lastly, we (and by we, I mean me — but don’t worry, I’m very nice) might have a few editing suggestions for your article. In an effort to keep guidelines short and sweet, we’re happy to be as flexible as possible. Should there be a few small changes that might make your submission a slightly better fit for sofi — I’d love for us to work together in order to get it feeling right for the both of us.
We can’t wait to read your stories!
Alexandra, and the team here at sofi.